Enterprise Evaluation Edition

• Hello ,

I have an SQL server installed in the 'Enterprise Evaluation Edition' the server has expired I have exceeded the 180evaluation day

and despite this overrun my instance continues to operate

Is it the next time I restart the SQL server that I will have operating problems?

how SQL checks these 180 days

thank you for your feedback

Sans titre

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• If the SQL Server Engine service is restarted, it will check and refuse to start if it is more than 180 days.

• abdalah.mehdoini wrote:

Hello ,

I have an SQL server installed in the 'Enterprise Evaluation Edition' the server has expired I have exceeded the 180evaluation day

and despite this overrun my instance continues to operate

Is it the next time I restart the SQL server that I will have operating problems?

how SQL checks these 180 days

thank you for your feedback

Sans titre

Instead of using the "Evaluation Edition", use the "Developers Edition", which has no expiration date.  Be sure  to follow the licensing for it... you MUST NOT use it for "production" code but it can be used for development of production code.  If you want to use something from that for production, you MUST buy a proper license for either the "Standard" Edition or the "Enterprise" Edition.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply