Elementary Key Attributes

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Elementary Key Attributes

Tom

• 96% of answers incorrect - you'll be popular! No cheap points here.

• I get it wrong, but I like this kind of questions.

Thanks.

• Not quite sure of the relevance of this question.

(Or is that just sour grapes - 2correct answers, 118 incorrect answers so far!)

• Nice one , thank you,

Iulian

• Ah, I was researching elemenTARTY keys, probably why I got it wrong 😉

Life: it twists and turns like a twisty turny thing

• I said C only: Some other attribute B is fixed by a set including A but by no subset of that set - which is clearly true.

Couldn't get the other two parts though. I guess I join the 98% of answerers that aren't database professionals.

Thanks for the question.

[font="Verdana"]Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.[/font]
    Connect to me on LinkedIn

• L' Eomot Inversé (10/4/2011)

Comments posted to this topic are about the item <A HREF="/questions/Normalisation/74786/">Elementary Key Attributes</A>

I find it quite frightening that so few people know enough about normalisation to get this one right.

Tom

• My only comment is that there is no identifier (per other QOTD's) of how many answers to answer... I got 2 out of 3 but still marked as wrong.

• I got two out of three, which is okay with me.

Of all of my skills and talents, the ability to recite every obscure factoid about relational databases (or any other software system or process) is not at the very top of the list. That place is reserved for critical thinking, analysis and application of experience and creativity to solve problems effectively.

The probability of survival is inversely proportional to the angle of arrival.

• L' Eomot Inversé (10/5/2011)

I find it quite frightening that so few people know enough about normalisation to get this one right.

I don't. This question is couched in abstract language. "Elementary key", "prime attribute"and "fixed" aren't part of the everyday SQL Server vernacular. Don't get me wrong - I'm not complaining, since I found it an educational experience. I just think more people would have got it right if the terminology had been a bit more familiar.

John

• Updated the question to say "select 3". My apologies for missing that.

• Good question, got it right but only after flip flopping back and forth on a couple of the choices because the verbage was so close.

Really god tthe juices going.

thanks

Steve Jimmo
    Sr DBA
    “If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a Nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Who can explain why the fifth option, "A on its own is a candidate key of T" is NOT true? What am I missing here?

Rob Schripsema
    Propack, Inc.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply