Earning Credit

• This is what I'll say about the district I live in, not the same one I work for by the way, it is a good district, but the High School my oldest attended for two years will NEVER get the other two. The older two are attending High School in a neighboring school district and, as you can tell from above, are doing great.

The elementary and junior high school (yes, that is what it is called for 7th and 8th grades) that my kids are/will/have attended are very good. But as I said above...

And to be sure, we tried very hard to work with the High School, they chose (at the admin level AP's and Principal) to blow off our concerns. That left us with no real choice, let the oldest flounder or move her. I think we made the best choice for her (and her sister -- 18th in her class as a freshman, ya baby!).

• If that is the article I’m thinking of, the spelling and grammar was so atrocious that I don’t believe it should have been posted even if it was original. Did you even read it first?

• Steve,

This was a constant problem when I was teaching at a major university, we had a website we could go to and check to see if there was plagerism going on, (I wish I could remember the URL), but it was useful!

Ended up having to drill it into the students, and mention it every other class.

I think it comes to laziness, people just don't want to do their own work or come up with thier own ideas.

Mark

Viewing 3 posts - 46 through 47 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply