Different Editions on Different Instances gotchas

• Has anyone installed Different Editions (not versions) on the same server at once ex: Enterprise as Default and Standard as Named?

If you have, are there any gotchas?

I know is possible and BOL Confirms that but have you tested it?...

TIA

* Noel

• According to MS, if you have SQL2000 Enterprise installed, you can have as many additional instances as you want for no extra license fee.

Original author: https://github.com/SQL-FineBuild/Common/wiki/ 1-click install and best practice configuration of SQL Server 2019, 2017 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008 and 2005.

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor they call me a communist - Archbishop Hélder Câmara

• I don't have any installed on the same machine, but I cam accros a gotcha the other day where I tried to restore the master database from sql enterprise over a master database on a standard edition and was told nope, not allowed to do that.

• The reason for this question is to test an app on DIFFERENT EDITIONS of SQL specially reagarding indexed views!

so far the NO EXPAND hint is the only thing I found to be documented but according to BOL I should be able to test a totally different code sets (sql) no matter what.

thanks to all for the help.

* Noel

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply