Degree

• It could just be me, but the world is full of acronyms especially TLA's. What is CDR? Not the code, the acronym.

• Lynn Pettis (11/29/2007)

It could just be me, but the world is full of acronyms especially TLA's. What is CDR? Not the code, the acronym.

Heh... sorry Lynn... you're right about that...

CDR = Call Detail Record. Each record contains all of the information for a given phone call... whether it was actually connected, what the duration was, calling number, called number, account # of the caller (or the person called if 800 or reversed charges), type of call, time of day, "time band", etc, etc. Includes country and city code in the phone number if call was placed outside of NANPA (North American Numbering Plan Association). For several countries, like Mexico, contains "Band" information, etc. They may also contain provider information (which company originated the call), cost information, tax info, and a wealth of other information.

Each company seems to have it's own idea of what should be on a CDR even though there is a standard (EMI - Electronic Message Information) that most folks use to bill the calls to customers through 3rd party companies like ZPDI (I have no idea what that company acronym stands for).

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Thanks Jeff. I should have figured that one out, but then I only worked for a Conference Call company for 2 months (contract job) before getting the position I have been in now for the last 2.5 years.

😎

• I apologize for being the one to take this thread off topic.

Also I would like to thank Jeff for his offer to help with “a multi-database situation where you need to delete dupes across multiple databases” for that is exactly my situation and yes, they are CDRs, and we both understand how difficult dupe checking can be with this data. However, it will be after the holidays before I have an opportunity to properly write up my scenario(s) into a forum question.

Thank you all for your contributions that I lurk over almost daily.

MISfIT

• Actually, nothing to apologize for there. Sometimes that is how you get help for problems you are facing. Someone mentions something in a thread that triggers a request for help on something entirely different.

😎

• However, it will be after the holidays before I have an opportunity to properly write up my scenario(s) into a forum question

Now, we're talking! I look forward to the "fun", Daniel.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply