Debugging custom code in SSRS 2008

• Hello,

I'm converting a number of Crystal Reports to SSRS 2008 and have run accross some very vague errors when attempting to preview the report. Specifially, I'm getting errors such as this; "An error occured during local report processing. The definition of the report 'ReportName' is invalid. There is an error on line 644 of custom code [BC30205] End of statement expected."

Now, this error leads me to think that the "custom code" is in fact the underlying xml code the report is comprised of. However, when I look at the xml and specifically, line 644, I can't find anything that would seem to be an error that "end of statement expected" might be.

So, I guess what I'd appreciate some feedback on is if anyone knows where precisely I need to look in the report design to try and find what this error is describing. Is it the xml but it's burried somewhere in the code, perhaps?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

• You can add custom code to a report. I don't have 2008, but in 2005 you added code selecting the report and then the properties page (or right clicking on an empty part of the report designer) and then selected code. I've gotten the custom code error when my code in this location had syntax errors - which is quite likely since it's just a free form text box to type into.

• After you did the conversion were you able to successfully run each of the datasets without any errors? Just curious how you did the conversion, assuming you manually recreated them.

Also, take a look over in the SSRS MSDN Forums as well "custom code [BC30205] End of statement expected".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dan English - http://denglishbi.wordpress.com

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply