Debug is not visible in sql management studio

• Hi,

we have installed sql server 2016 standard edition.

developers want to debug the stored procedure. In the management studio we didn't see 'Debug' option at all. I tried add remove button but nothing working. Please help me to add the debug option in sql server 2016 management studio.

Thanks,

Jo

• They have removed the debugger in the latest version of SQL Server Management Studio 18+, download earlier versions for the SSMS with debugger.

🙁

Greetings,

• I'd switch to SQL server data tools

• Alejandro Santana wrote:

They have removed the debugger in the latest version of SQL Server Management Studio 18+, download earlier versions for the SSMS with debugger. 🙁 Greetings,

I wish MS would stop making such "improvements".  They did the same thing with "Diagrams".  There was an uproar about that and, very fortunately, the supposedly brought it back.  Perhaps a similar uproar would bring back the debugger.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Jeff Moden wrote:

I wish MS would stop making such "improvements".  They did the same thing with "Diagrams".  There was an uproar about that and, very fortunately, the supposedly brought it back.  Perhaps a similar uproar would bring back the debugger.

The "latest and greatest" is often not the greatest. I just never updated from 17.9. It's getting old to update and guess what functionality exists, is broken, doesn't work, etc. and trying to guess if an issue is the SSMS version or something else.

Sue

• Thank you all for ur replies . The installed version is ssms 18.1 which debug is deprecated by microsoft. Not sure y they have done. So I uninstalled the SSMS 18.1 And reinstalled the previous version 17.9 SSMS.

The Debug option is there in ssms 17.9

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply