Debug a stroed proc

• I am trying to step thru a SP. On my production server I can do this. Set breakpoints ect. But on my test server I cannot. What am I missing to configure/setup?

TIA

Jim

• Been quite awhile since I debugged a stored proc in SQL Server 2000. What error message(s) are you getting when you attempt to debug the procedure?

• No errors, just cant set breakpoints and see local variables.

Jim

• Can you do a SELECT @@Version on both production and test?

Seth Phelabaum

Consistency is only a virtue if you're not a screwup. 😉

Links: How to Post Sample Data[/url] :: Running Totals[/url] :: Tally Table[/url] :: Cross Tabs/Pivots[/url] :: String Concatenation[/url]

• In production it is

Microsoft SQL Server 2000 - 8.00.2187 (Intel X86) Mar 9 2006 11:38:51 Copyright (c) 1988-2003 Microsoft Corporation Enterprise Edition on Windows NT 5.2 (Build 3790: Service Pack 2)

in testing it is

Microsoft SQL Server 2000 - 8.00.194 (Intel X86) Aug 6 2000 00:57:48 Copyright (c) 1988-2000 Microsoft Corporation Enterprise Edition on Windows NT 5.2 (Build 3790: Service Pack 2)

Does this help?

TIA

Jim

• Not as much as I'd hoped. Here are some KB articles on the debugger in SQL 2000. Sorry I can't give you a more specific answer.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/280101

You might also try updating your test environment to be the same version as your live.

Seth Phelabaum

Consistency is only a virtue if you're not a screwup. 😉

Links: How to Post Sample Data[/url] :: Running Totals[/url] :: Tally Table[/url] :: Cross Tabs/Pivots[/url] :: String Concatenation[/url]

• It would appear that your test server is a wee bit behind in the service pack department. My redcommendtion would be to bring it up to speed and try again.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply