DBA vs Developer

• Grant Fritchey (7/16/2014)

You mean you didn't flip the infinity switch on your tempdb? That developer is right, you have it configured incorrectly.

Heh... what's really cool about Grant is that he can say something like that in person with a completely straight face. Unless he's wearing his kilt, he's fun to watch in action. 😀

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Jeff Moden (8/2/2014)

Grant Fritchey (7/16/2014)

You mean you didn't flip the infinity switch on your tempdb? That developer is right, you have it configured incorrectly.

Heh... what's really cool about Grant is that he can say something like that in person with a completely straight face. Unless he's wearing his kilt, he's fun to watch in action. 😀

But surely he'd be even les fun without it?

Tom

• TomThomson (8/3/2014)

Jeff Moden (8/2/2014)

Heh... you just gave me an excuse to drink on Sunday. Gotta get THAT picture out of my mind. :sick:

--Jeff Moden

________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Helpful Links:

• Jeff Moden (8/3/2014)

TomThomson (8/3/2014)

Jeff Moden (8/2/2014)

Heh... you just gave me an excuse to drink on Sunday. Gotta get THAT picture out of my mind. :sick:

Mental floss anyone?

😎

• Eirikur Eiriksson (8/3/2014)

Jeff Moden (8/3/2014)

TomThomson (8/3/2014)

Jeff Moden (8/2/2014)

Mental floss anyone?

😎

Brain Bleach needed!!

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Jeff Moden (8/2/2014)

...les fun? Like in les boys??

Mental floss moment

😎

• SQLRNNR (8/3/2014)

Eirikur Eiriksson (8/3/2014)

Jeff Moden (8/3/2014)

TomThomson (8/3/2014)

Jeff Moden (8/2/2014)

Mental floss anyone?

😎

Brain Bleach needed!!

That's the Matrix like thingy where all the pork chops stop dead in the air, right?

😎

• Heh... no. Nothing stops a properly launched pork chop. 😀

--Jeff Moden

Helpful Links:

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply