Thanks, that sounds possible. I have added some new indexes so maybe there's nothing to find. I just found it disconcerting to see a monster query that the DTA finds nothing to change.
DTA is, at best, a wonderful moron.
I agree with Lynn, if you're suddenly getting different performance there's 3 usual internal causes to a database, and then you need to explore external bottlenecks, like Disk I/O.
1) Statistics, as mentioned.
3) Parameter Sniffing
4)You've passed a 'tipping point' in the data. Unlikely as you didn't describe a large data change.
If you'd like, you can always post the execution plan and schema/query def and we'll take a gander at it.
- Craig Farrell
Never stop learning, even if it hurts. Ego bruises are practically mandatory as you learn unless you've never risked enough to make a mistake.
For better assistance in answering your questions[/url] | Forum Netiquette
For index/tuning help, follow these directions.[/url] |Tally Tables[/url]