DataBase Restore

• Ok, so am i missing something or what?  If the master db contains all my logins and system setting, how do I restore it?  Is there way way to create scripts to recreate my logins, and settings?  Does the master contain the task and jobs, or is that msdb?

Thanks,

Brian

• Here's a reference on SQL 2000 databases no DBA should be without:

http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodinfo/previousversions/systables.mspx

This may answer a great deal of your questions when used in conjunction with BOL.

RegardsRudy KomacsarSenior Database Administrator"Ave Caesar! - Morituri te salutamus."

• when i go to that link and open up systbl.chm, nothing is there, "action cancelled"?

Brian

I did start to look through the other files though.

• You should download the file to your local PC then launch it.

RegardsRudy KomacsarSenior Database Administrator"Ave Caesar! - Morituri te salutamus."

• I tried that too.

• The file is a .chm, and it needs IE. I did have an issue with it running from a network drive after Win 2K3 Server SP1 was applied so I moved it to the C: drive and have had no problems since. What I think is that maybe your IE security settings are too tight, try dropping down a zone or two and see what happens (I believe that you must reboot though).

• A quick question ... what is the purpose of the N in restore from DISK =N'D:\SQL\......

Thank you

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply