Database Coordinator/ETL Developer (Washington, DC)

• Hi there, Integral, a leading fundraising analytics firm, is looking for a relatively entry-level/junior Database Coordinator. Details, job description, etc can be found here:

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/database-coordinator-at-integral-llc-906691955/

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

• ascruggs - Friday, October 26, 2018 8:48 AM

Hi there, Integral, a leading fundraising analytics firm, is looking for a relatively entry-level/junior Database Coordinator. Details, job description, etc can be found here:

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/database-coordinator-at-integral-llc-906691955/

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

The job description doesn't seem to be for an entry-level position.  Rather it seems that you want a "Ninja" that can hit the ground running.  What is your definition of "entry-level/junior Database Coordinator" as compared to what the job description describes?

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• "Entry level" may be a slight stretch - Junior is probably a better description. I listed entry level as we are open to applicants who are fresh out of college with a BS in IS, who can get up to speed with some basic SSIS and workflow management stuff and support with some ad hoc queries with minimal training. A ninja that can hit the ground running would be fantastic and the description may be a little bit "high minded" in that respect - we adapted this description from a different one for a more senior role, and perhaps we left too many duties in there that would apply only to a more experienced person.

That said, if I could list out the ideal applicant, it would be someone pretty fresh out of school, maybe 1-2 years experience, who knows T-SQL well and has some experience with SSIS, and is a fast learner. Very little of the work that we do with T-SQL and SSIS are in fact difficult, but we receive a large volume of data from many tens of clients every single day in a variety of ways, and we need someone who can look at an error message in the SQL Agent Job Log, understand what it means, and make changes to the SSIS package to correct the error. Maybe I'm crazy, but with a month of on the job training, that seems doable for an entry-level person?

Edit: And thanks for the feedback.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply