database connection for primavera p6

• still i am facing same problem

Bad public user name or password. Database Server Error: SQL Network Interfaces: Error Locating Server/Instance Specified [xFFFFFFFF]. ;

plz help

• i know this problem is so frustrating, i'm facing the same problem, and finally i made it!!..hehehe...

i got the same prob as urs, cannot find the database and whatsoeva, i tried format my lappy but doesnt make any different. and yesterday my bro came, and he told me that my window XP home edition doesnt compatible with P6,cehh...

so, i convert to Window XP Pro SP2..and, its run smoothly,,adoii...

so, pls try,it work for me..i already tried with Windows XP SP3, and its also doesnt work with P6, maybe because P6 come ealier and doesnt work well with latest window,i dont know, just guessing..also with windows 7, doesnt work well with latest pack..

good luck, and keep trying...:-D

• I'm facing the same problem, and finally i made it after 2.5 days

I have Windows 7 -x86

Just follow these steps:

1. Install SQL Server 2005 SP3 -(SQLServer2005SP3-KB955706-x86-ENU)

2. Install P6 as a standalone.

3. Do not install sample Projects.

After installing reboot your PC. Try to login with User- admin Password- admin.

Enjoy i Veliki Pozdrav iz Srbije -Greetings from Serbia

• FZ1 (10/29/2008)

i have this problem of connect P6 with SQL express

"Bad public user name or password. Database Server Error: SQL Network Interfaces: Error Locating Server/Instance Specified [xFFFFFFFF]. ;"

some has the solution to this problem

thank's

• I followed your instruction but still problem is existing like "Bad public user name or password. Database Server Error: SQL Network Interfaces: Error Locating Server/Instance Specified [xFFFFFFFF]. ;"

so if anybody can help me please.........

• Contact us as admin[at]am-ilearning.co.uk and we will assist you in solving this issue.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply