database connection for primavera p6

• I have successfully installed Primavera 6 and SQL Server 2005.

I tried to remove and reinstall P6 again. without installing Sample Data and License. The license can be registered or used in Database Config.

Thanks again. More power!

Windows XP Pro v5.1 SP3
    Primavera 6
    MS SQL Server 2005

• Error Install MS SQL Server Express in Windows XP SP3 / MSXML6 SP2

If you are trying to install Primavera P6 together with SQL Server 2005 Express edition in Windows SP3 environment, it will most likely fail unless Microsoft has done something to fix this. Read through this blog to find how to get around with this issue.

Symptoms include SQL Server Express edition installation return error and the error log mentioned MSXML 6 Service Pack 2 (KB954459) — Configuration failed. I am not really sure what the root cause is, but it looks like Windows XP SP3 or MSXML 6 Service Pack 2 protects the MSXML 6 configuration file from update and changes. As a result, the setup fail to continue.

There are some ways to solve this, including

Uninstall Service Pack 3, install Microsoft SQL Server Express edition, and reinstall SP3.

Disable the File system protection temporarily using regedit.

But, in my opinion the best way is: (I used this successfully)

Uninstall MSXML6 SP2, by using Windows Installer Cleanup Utility which can be downloaded from http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/9/d/e9d80355-7ab4-45b8-80e8-983a48d5e1bd/msicuu2.exe.

After that, do a clean installation again of Primavera P6. It will also install successfully the SQL Express 2005. Install as Standalone also but now you can choose to install the sample projects and it will not cause problem.

Hope it will help.

• pablo-1087167 (5/10/2009)

Still having trouble? Try this on windows vista 32bit:

1. Install P6 as a standalone.

2. Do not install sample Projects.

After installing reboot your PC. Try to login with User- admin Password- admin.

Then you will get message "Server not configured"

Now Start Here-

1. Click the tab beside database PMDB

2 You will see "Edit Database Connections"

3 Click Configure

4 Check Database alias= PMDB

5 Select Driver type = Microsoft SQL Server/SQL Express

6 Click Next and you will at Configure SQL Server Connection

7 Now here you should enter following -

Host Name = your computer name-PC\PRIMAVERA

(if you open My Computer you will find your computer name at bottomleft corner or open Device Manager your computer name will be at the top)

Database Name = pmdb$primavera

8 Go to next screen and Do not change anything!! , click Next to Validate database connection, 9

9 Go ahed by clicking Next, Check Connection Successful!! Dialog & Finish

Follow the same procedure for Methodology Management Database

Host Name will be the same

Database will be MMDB

Database name will be mmdb$primavera

Rest of all as above.

Wow! thank you very much for sharing this. It's helped me to get rid off huge trouble out of my brain. I registered with this forum just to say thank you! 🙂

• okjagadeesh (2/13/2008)

sql server with pmdb$primavera database is running ok ,but connection with project management module is not establishing. not trusted server error coming. pl help to solve the problem

Configure SQL Server Connection as follows

Host Name = your computer name-PC\PRIMAVERA

Database Name = mmdb$primavera

• hi guys,

i have successfully installed primavera stand alone 6 and didnt installed sample project.

is there other way i can install the sample project?

please help

thanks

Windows XP Pro v5.1 SP3
    Primavera 6
    MS SQL Server 2005

• hi,

I've installed P6 Stand Alone version without the sample projects, following all your advices from above, but after I finish configuration of the database I get the following message when trying to log in (log in name: admin, password: admin) "Current license file is not valid for this version. Please contact your supervisor." After I press twice ok, another message appears: "Licensed named users is less than configured Named users. Please use the Users dialog under the Admin menu in Primavera to correct the problem. Please see readme txt. for more information. After reading the readme txt file, I tried to find Admin-License tab but no luck.

Please help me.

thank you,

sabin

• Thanks a lot, finally i can solved this problem..i can running PE6 with that solutions..:-)

• hi to everybody again.

although i see is quit an old topic I'm facing now the same issue: ’Licensed named users is less than configured Named users. Please use the Users dialog under the Admin menu in Primavera to correct the problem. Please see readme.txt for more information’. i have no idea where to find this path indicated:"Admin -> Users then select Licensing tab, and delete Named user licenses and mark the Concurrent licenses." i've tried in all folders created by primavera and no luck.

to be mentioned that my system is w7 ultimate.

appreciate your help,

sabin

• sulaiman.saeed (6/17/2008)

mailgoran (4/24/2008)

When I try to log to Primavera P6 and put admin,admin I :

Bad public user name or password. Database Server Error: SQL Network Interfaces: Error Locating Server/Instance Specified [xFFFFFFFF]. ;

Do you have that problem ?

Do you solve that ?

I have the same problem. I downloaded v3 and v6 but same problem ANY HELP

i am usesing windows XP 2002 SP2

• Bad public user name or password. Database Server Error: SQL Network Interfaces: Error Locating Server/Instance Specified [xFFFFFFFF]. ;

• hi,please i don't run primavera 6 , Can help me how to do the connection please gice me all steps?

my e_mail: zineddine_makram@yahoo.fr

thank you a lot

• I'm running into this problem, have you found the answer to this yet?

• pablo-1087167 (5/10/2009)

Still having trouble? Try this on windows vista 32bit:

1. Install P6 as a standalone.

2. Do not install sample Projects.

After installing reboot your PC. Try to login with User- admin Password- admin.

Then you will get message "Server not configured"

Now Start Here-

1. Click the tab beside database PMDB

2 You will see "Edit Database Connections"

3 Click Configure

4 Check Database alias= PMDB

5 Select Driver type = Microsoft SQL Server/SQL Express

6 Click Next and you will at Configure SQL Server Connection

7 Now here you should enter following -

Host Name = your computer name-PC\PRIMAVERA Please change the character to / and it will work fine Saludos Cerilio Wouter

(if you open My Computer you will find your computer name at bottomleft corner or open Device Manager your computer name will be at the top)

Database Name = pmdb$primavera

8 Go to next screen and Do not change anything!! , click Next to Validate database connection, 9

9 Go ahed by clicking Next, Check Connection Successful!! Dialog & Finish

Follow the same procedure for Methodology Management Database

Host Name will be the same

Database will be MMDB

Database name will be mmdb$primavera

Rest of all as above.

• hi,

I've installed P6 Stand Alone version without the sample projects, following all your advices from above, but after I finish configuration of the database I get the following message when trying to log in (log in name: admin, password: admin) "Current license file is not valid for this version. Please contact your supervisor." After I press twice ok, another message appears: "Licensed named users is less than configured Named users. Please use the Users dialog under the Admin menu in Primavera to correct the problem. Please see readme txt. for more information. After reading the readme txt file, I tried to find Admin-License tab but no luck.

Please help me.

thank you,

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply