Data Profiling Task Error

• Every time I attempt to create a Data Profile the task errors out while righting out the XML document. I does not error out at the same place each time and no specific exception is returned. I am including the error message I am seeing each time:

[Data Profiling Task] Error: Error occurred when saving the profile output. The error message is: System.InvalidOperationException:

There was an error generating the XML document. ---> Microsoft.DataDebugger.DataProfiling.DataProfileException:

Unexpected internal error occurred. The detailed error message is:

System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.

at Microsoft.DataDebugger.DataProfiling.Converter.ConvertToString(Object value, SqlDbType sqlType). --->

System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.

at Microsoft.DataDebugger.DataProfiling.Converter.ConvertToString(Object value, SqlDbType sqlType)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Microsoft.DataDebugger.DataProfiling.Converter.ConvertToString(Object value, SqlDbType sqlType)

at Microsoft.DataDebugger.DataProfiling.ColumnValueDistributionProfile.WriteXml(XmlWriter writer)

at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializationWriter.WriteSerializable(IXmlSerializable serializable, String name, String ns, Boolean isNullable, Boolean wrapped)

at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterDataProfile.Write28_ProfileDefinition(String n, String ns, ProfileDefinition o, Boolean isNullable, Boolean needType)

at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterDataProfile.Write29_DataProfile(String n, String ns, DataProfile o, Boolean isNullable, Boolean needType)

at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterDataProfile.Write30_DataProfile(Object o)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Serialize(XmlWriter xmlWriter, Object o, XmlSerializerNamespaces namespaces, String encodingStyle, String id)

at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Serialize(Stream stream, Object o, XmlSerializerNamespaces namespaces)

at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Serialize(Stream stream, Object o)

at Microsoft.DataDebugger.DataProfiling.DataProfileXmlSerializer.Serialize(DataProfile dataProfile, Stream stream)

at Microsoft.DataDebugger.DataProfiling.DataProfileXmlSerializer.Serialize(DataProfile dataProfile, String fileName)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Tasks.DataProfilingTask.DataProfilingTask.Execute(Connections connections, VariableDispenser

variableDispenser, IDTSComponentEvents componentEvents, IDTSLogging log, Object transaction).

• How are you trying (or what are you using) to create the data profile?

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

• I am using a Data Profiling Task in SSIS.

• You may want to move this to the SSIS forum then.

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply