Data access from Oracle 7.1

• Dear All,

My requirement is to import the data from Oracle 7.1 (16 bit) into SQL 7.0 (32 bit).

An early and clear response will be appreciated.

Regards

Sanjeev Verma

SKV

SKV

• You will need to install the Oracle client lincensed from Oracle. Then you can create a DTS package on the SQL Server to import the data on whatever basis you need but building that will require some thinking to avoid getting too much data.

• Dear Antares,

I mentioned oracle 7.1 is 16 bit and SQl 7.0 is 32 bit.

Keeping this mind you have answered I suppose?

Installing Oracle client : which version ? will it ask for 16/32 bit option ?

regards

Sanjeev verma

SKV

SKV

• Ant further replies please

ThanX in Advance

Sanjeev

SKV

SKV

• I believe it will require you to use the 16 client, I don't know for sure if the 32bit client supports otherwise and cannot get any answer from the guys at Oracle to confirm, I believe the 32bit client would be just fine. If you really want to be sure I suggest setting up a box with the 32bit client (you don't have to have SQL installed) and try connecting with SQL*PLUS, if works then 32bit is just fine.

• Antares is correct, you will need to check using Oracle's clients. You can connect to 16 bit applications using a driver that supports that connection. It has nothing to do with SQL.

Steve Jones

steve@dkranch.net

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply