crystal report cannot select into temp table

• I know select * into ##tmp1 should work but I get a database connection error.

• Not a lot to work with here. Details would help.

• Lynn Pettis (7/30/2015)

Not a lot to work with here. Details would help.

sql server 2014 using odbc

• mfriessnig (7/30/2015)

Lynn Pettis (7/30/2015)

Not a lot to work with here. Details would help.

sql server 2014 using odbc

Still not much to work with.

Why don't you start from the beginning and state what you're trying to do and what problem you're having.

Remember, this forum does not permit us to read your mind.

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• this is a simple issue. creating temp tables is standard.

• Drop back 10 yards and punt.

You aren't giving us ANYTHING with which to work. We don't have access to your systems, we can't see what you see.

• SELECT * from what? The whole universe?

Alvin Ramard

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• mfriessnig (7/30/2015)

I know select * into ##tmp1 should work but I get a database connection error.

After reading Alvin's last post and looking at your original post, from what table are you selecting data to be inserted into the global temporary table ##tmp1?

Edit: Thanks, Alvin.

• Lynn Pettis (7/30/2015)

mfriessnig (7/30/2015)

I know select * into ##tmp1 should work but I get a database connection error.

After reading Alvin's last post and looking at your original post, from what table are you selecting data to be inserted into the global temporary table ##tmp1?

Edit: Thanks, Alvin.

You're welcome Lynn. I just happened to be rereading the original post while the force was strong.

Alvin Ramard

• I have created a db with the companyname so xxxxdb. so the source table is from xxxxdb

• in the intail post i forgot the from so select * into ##tmp1 from xxxx

• Okay, so humor everybody...

post the entire stored procedure... pin the tail on the donkey isn't our favorite game.

• mfriessnig (7/30/2015)

I have created a db with the companyname so xxxxdb. so the source table is from xxxxdb

You know what, still have no idea what the problem is. If your car is broken, do go to the mechanic and say "it does not work, fix it" or do you give them details as to what is wrong.

We have no details, no error messages, nothing telling us what it is you are trying to accomplish.

All we know right now is this has "something" to do with Crystal reports and creating a global temporary table. That's it.

We can't read your mind, we can't access your systems to see what you are trying to accomplish. If you want help, help us understand what it is you are doing and what the problem is.

• Since its Crystal Reports, try waving a crystal of your choice over the query 😀

• First, let me complain about your original post.

One of my pet peeves with this forum is when posters don't state everything in the post. I should not have to get part of what the issue is from the post header and the some from the post itself.

Second, have you ever done this before? I'm not convinced Crystal Reports can actually create temp tables.

Alvin Ramard

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply