Creating full-text indexing on table

• The error code 0x80004005 can be pretty generic. I've seen it in a bunch of applications. However there do appear to be some documented that are related to SQL Server full text indexing.

The second error message, however, is even more interesting. A quick search on it has many hits related to SQL Server 2005 Express Advanced saying that you must reboot the server after enabling full text indexing. What edition of SQL Server are you running?

Regardless, it seems that rebooting the server would now be at the top of my debug list.

• SELECT @@VERSION

Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - 9.00.2047.00 (X64) Apr 14 2006 01:11:53 Copyright (c) 1988-2005 Microsoft Corporation Standard Edition (64-bit) on Windows NT 5.2 (Build 3790: Service Pack 2)

• Weird. I have the same version/edition/service pack, except mine is 32-bit. Of course I never tried your original code on my server, so we still don't know what the underlying cause/problem was. But it appears to be working for you now.

For anybody else who comes across this, the thread I found about this problem in SQL Server Express Advanced that had the same error message in the log file is at: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic698295-324-1.aspx

• Yeah, I don't think it's working. I had the admin restart the server and still getting the errors in the log. My log file is closing in on 1 Gig in size.

So according to the other post it appears they installed SP3. I will try to convince them that is what is needed.

Thanks for all your help so far.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply