Connection timeout from Access Data Project

• Hi

I've got an ADP which uses data from SQL Server 7 database to populate a form. The data is extracted using an ADO recordset (I use the CurrentProject.Connection), copied to an array and then values copied to the subform. Main form, subform and controls are unbound.

When it works, user submits all data entered onto subform using ADO transaction. This only works if the user doesn't leave form idle for any length of time.

After about 5 mins of inactivity the form generates an error and all unbound textboxes are cleared.

Anyone give me some pointers as to what is going on here and how I can stop it from clearing the data.

Jim

• Try setting timeout property of your connection. But when a user is using the form they should never leave it unfinished or unattended for security and integrity. However, if you want the data to remain then pull the data without staying connected and displayed with a hidden field for the PK fields so you can reconnect and process the changes as you see fit, the you can use an SP for maximum performance in this situation.

• Can you show a sample of the code you are using to create the recordset, including the connection string? It could be that the recordset is empty or the data returned comes in 2 sets and the first (default) is empty.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply