Complex Searching

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Complex Searching

• One of the things that I've been fascinated about for a while is how the camera software on our phones not only puts a box around human faces but also follows the faces with a fair bit of accuracy.  How on Earth they do that with such great speed in just incredible.  Then then the self driving vehicles?  Lordy!  That's just bloody amazing.  They even read speed limit signs on the fly.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• That comes down to machine learning. Basically showing a computer a bunch of picture of humans' faces. Computer is programmed to recognize the patterns acrosss all those pictures so when you show it a car pic, it knows to ignore that. It is fascinating.

----------------------------------------------------

• I daresay there will be a few more mistakes like this one as a result:

"Bus lane camera mistakes woman's sweater for number plate"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-58959930

• Jeff Moden wrote:

One of the things that I've been fascinated about for a while is how the camera software on our phones not only puts a box around human faces but also follows the faces with a fair bit of accuracy.  How on Earth they do that with such great speed in just incredible.  Then then the self driving vehicles?  Lordy!  That's just bloody amazing.  They even read speed limit signs on the fly.

All ML/AI and trained models.

I need to do another Tesla post. Some interesting experiences for me with the AI.

• call.copse wrote:

I daresay there will be a few more mistakes like this one as a result:

"Bus lane camera mistakes woman's sweater for number plate"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-58959930%5B/quote%5D

Easy to laugh at mistakes, but think about all the times humans don't see or notice something either. In some ways we're better than a machine with unknowns, but with knowns, we sometimes fail miserably.

• I dread the day that machines will not need to depend on us.

----------------------------------------------------

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply