Checking Multiple Values In a Precedence Constraint

• Hello,

I was wondering if you are able to build an expression for a constraint that will check two variable values before proceeding, or if you have to do some scripting to put them together? If you can, could someone please point me in the direction of the syntax as I'm struggling to find it?

Basically, I'm aiming for something like @var1==True & @var2==True along with a success state.

Thanks very much

• Why not use a conditional split?

Well, I think I just answered my own question....because you are working on the control flow. I am reasonably certain it is possible but I have not done it before, so unfortunately I can't adivise you.

Good luck.

• This is pretty straightforward - create a constraint, then right click the constraint and select "Edit".

Change the "Evaluation operation" to "Expression and constraint". Add your condition to the expression and you are pretty much done.

• GhandiDBA (6/13/2011)

Hello,

I was wondering if you are able to build an expression for a constraint that will check two variable values before proceeding, or if you have to do some scripting to put them together? If you can, could someone please point me in the direction of the syntax as I'm struggling to find it?

Basically, I'm aiming for something like @var1==True & @var2==True along with a success state.

Thanks very much

Syntax you want assuming @var1 and @var2 are of type Boolean:

@var1 && @var2

There are no special teachers of virtue, because virtue is taught by the whole community.
    --Plato

• Thank you very much for your help, that syntax was exactly what I needed!

Kind regards

• GhandiDBA (6/15/2011)

Thank you very much for your help, that syntax was exactly what I needed!

Kind regards

You're very welcome 🙂

There are no special teachers of virtue, because virtue is taught by the whole community.
    --Plato

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply