Celebrating A Million

• Great job!!! 1M members is quite an accomplishment. I'll probably not get one of the polos, but that's ok. Just getting the correct answer on the Question of the Day makes me feel good. I like the idea of supporting a million square feet (more than 22 acres) of rain forest. A VERY good idea. Keep up the great work!!

• Congratulations on achieving this historic milestone!

I foresee more and better for you guys.

Keep up the wonderful work!:hehe:

Thanks and have a NICE day!,

Margaret

• Pyay Nyein (1/29/2009)

just curious that who is the 1,000,000th member? 😀

Yeah... I'm curious too. Who is it? 🙂

Paul DB

• CONGRATULATIONS on an outstanding job done exceedingly well! I think you've managed to celebrate the occasion in a very best possible manner, too.

You provide an amazingly useful service to the SQL community and now you've managed to do something wonderfull for the entire planet.

THANK YOU!!!!!

😀

• Congrats!

• SQL Server Central is an incredible, reliable site on which I depend each and every day in the quiet isolation of my cubicle....and to think that there are another 999,999 of you out there in parallel universes. wow

Who'da thunk it.

• Congratulations SQL Server Central!! I'm writing from Ecuador and your news letter has been really helpful from me during more than two years!! Thanks so much and CONGRATS!!! 😀

• sue (1/29/2009)

SQL Server Central is an incredible, reliable site on which I depend each and every day in the quiet isolation of my cubicle....and to think that there are another 999,999 of you out there in parallel universes. wow

Who'da thunk it.

Me too. I used to start my SQL searches on Microsoft or Google but now I come straight here. Now if I can just find that snippet that deletes all dups so we can get that count back down under 1M 😀

Ken

• There are too many people to congratulate individually.

Well done everyone on making SSC THE SQL resource on the net.

:w00t::D:Whistling::smooooth::w00t::D:Whistling::smooooth::w00t::D:Whistling::smooooth::w00t::D:Whistling::smooooth:

--------------------
    Colt 45 - the original point and click interface

• Congratulations! And an awesome way to give back to the community and humanity!!

• Congratulations!! Probably the best SQL Server site. Lot of members have made some very very good contributons (thru articles, forum questions...) to make this a great site. Steve deserves a lot of credit for managing this site in a great way.

One thing to think about , Are'nt there members who are not "Active".

"Keep Trying"

• Congratulations, Steve!!!

You've earned it - even if you do wear a t-shirt in your photo[/url]! :w00t:

(See the discussion to get the joke.)

Cheers,

webrunner

-------------------
    A SQL query walks into a bar and sees two tables. He walks up to them and asks, "Can I join you?"
    Ref.: http://tkyte.blogspot.com/2009/02/sql-joke.html

• Hi Steve/Red Gate Publishing Team/Simple Talk/Memebers,

It's a happy moment! Good that 1 million people are much interested in enhancing their SQL Server skills and wanted to actively participate in forums. Excellent Ad-Free, Simple Forum interface to learn SQL Server. Hat's off to all those who are brains behind this site. Special wishes to Steve for making this community better....

Though you have not given me T-Shirt 🙁 I'm glad to give this prize to you....

Regards,
    Sakthi
    My Blog -> http://www.sqlserverdba.co.cc

• I ran into an interesting article... glad to see that "big money" hasn't changed Steve a bit since then except that he continues to just keep making it better and better...

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Editorial/62964/

Keep up the great work, Steve!

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Congratulations, Steve! Now we can honestly say that there's a million reasons to use this site. :w00t:

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply