Call a report from classic ASP (NOT .NET) and pass user credentials?

• Hi all,

I need to have a classic ASP page call a report and pass a predefined username and password.

We can not open the authentication on the server so I'm looking for suggestions.

Everything I can find online refers to the Web Service, but where/how can I use that with Classic ASP? Or is there another way.

Any help or direction is appreciated.

Personal Motto: Why push the envelope when you can just open it?

If you follow the direction given HERE[/url] you'll likely increase the number and quality of responses you get to your question.

Jason L. Selburg
  • Maybe a bit of a hack but I'm thinking you could do it w/ URL parameters...

Cheers,

Ben Sullins
    bensullins.com
    Beer is my primary key...

• Ben,

Thanks, but you can't pass windows authenication via the URL, only the DB credentials can be passed that way.

If you follow the direction given HERE[/url] you'll likely increase the number and quality of responses you get to your question.

Jason L. Selburg
  • Correct...I was under the assumption that you had a predefined username and password that was going to be used? This way I was thinking you could just add a couple URL parameters and have your report read them and validate them against the DB...

Cheers,

Ben Sullins
    bensullins.com
    Beer is my primary key...

• Yeah, I'm just having issues getting around the windows authentication required to "hit" the server.

FYI, we did find a work around though. Since our site's login page is .NET, which then directs you to either a .NET application or classic ASP depending on permissions (we're in the process of replacing the classic asp site). We were able to have the classic ASP page just call a .NET page in the application to generate the report in a new window.

I'd still like to know how to call a report from a classic asp application.

Jason L. Selburg

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply