Byte Me: Get-Help

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Byte Me: Get-Help

• I don't know about powershell punctuation, but tsql punctuation seems to be taking over mine. I keep ending all of my statements in a semi-colon.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• SQLRNNR (11/5/2015)

I don't know about powershell punctuation, but tsql punctuation seems to be taking over mine. I keep ending all of my statements in a semi-colon.

You didn't there Jason so maybe the therapy is working 😛

Gaz

-- Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen...they're everywhere!!!

• My current affliction is trying to use all my favourite SSMS keyboard shortcuts in other editors; 🙁

• oh!!!

You again remind me the word "PowerShell". :doze:

ok, but

Let me sleep again now ... !

• tripleAxe (11/11/2015)

My current affliction is trying to use all my favourite SSMS keyboard shortcuts in other editors; 🙁

Oh, I've done the same thing. My fingers just know what to do before my mind can reign them back in.

• SQLRNNR (11/5/2015)

I don't know about powershell punctuation, but tsql punctuation seems to be taking over mine. I keep ending all of my statements in a semi-colon.

Hmmm, haven't found the need yet to start using them. Don't know if they are required on newer versions of sql as we are still on 2008.

• I don't do much Powershell, but years ago while I was experimenting with Lisp.... it started making its way into my writing and thinking processes.

-- FORTRAN manual for Xerox Computers --

• SQLRNNR (11/5/2015)

That's ok Jason, as long as you don't start using {curly brackets}. 😀

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• I have used PowerShell without problem but I had occasional problems when switching between C and LISP (about 20% of my time). Whenever possible I used to try and set aside a LISP only day!

• Re SSMS shortcuts. I often have BIDS (or whatever it's called this week) open on one screen and SSMS open on another. A few times I've hit F5 thinking SSMS was the active window, when it was in fact BIDS. Not pretty.

...One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that ones work is terribly important.... Bertrand Russell

• $_.PlusOne

• Great cartoon! And very apropos. For those of you feeling the pain, take a look at my just published reference and wallchart The Complete Guide to PowerShell Punctuation[/url]. I have collected all the punctuation characters singly and in combination onto a single page.

• Gary Varga (11/11/2015)

SQLRNNR (11/5/2015)

You didn't there Jason so maybe the therapy is working 😛

#Wow, you are right;

Learn Extended Events

• Iwas Bornready (11/11/2015)

SQLRNNR (11/5/2015)

Hmmm, haven't found the need yet to start using them. Don't know if they are required on newer versions of sql as we are still on 2008.

Some day maybe. It is a good idea to get used to doing it sooner rather than later. SQL Prompt helps with that. 😉

Learn Extended Events

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply