Black Friday Wishes

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Black Friday Wishes

• By far the best gift I ever received from an employer was following the completion of a long large project my boss, part owner of the company, gave me round trip tickets for me and my wife from the Midwest to Hawaii for a vacation.

Rick
    Disaster Recovery = Backup ( Backup ( Your Backup ) )

• I work in the public sector here in the US. I've held three jobs in the public sector. The public sector doesn't give bonuses, gifts at Christmas, etc. I'd like to get that, but now no longer am disappointed that I don't. It's just how they operate.

Rod

• I'll throw in another thought here on the gift idea, from my perspective of being retired for over 10 years.  Maybe the best gift your company can give you is having a retirement plan and even making contributions to it.  The first company I worked for which did this was, when I started, contributing 15% of my salary amount to a company profit sharing plan.  Up to that time. I had no retirement savings at all.  After 11 years I rolled that over to my private plan and both my wife and I started contributing to our own 401k plans, soon reaching the limit of personal contributions every year.

Your own retirement savings is a gift that keeps on giving.

Rick
    Disaster Recovery = Backup ( Backup ( Your Backup ) )

• I had to buy my own noise-canceling headphones for work. My cube neighbor on the other side of the wall is a hummer.  When he starts humming, I'll put on the headphones to block him out. Once the IT department returns to the office, one of the IT directors will need to update the cubicle etiquette to include humming as one of those distracting sounds. Maybe, I'll just ask him to put his headphones on and hum inside his head.

Maybe a smart home security system.  But my employer, a state agency, only gives performance based bonuses for large projects; I got a one-time bonus for helping plan and move our hosted servers over to the state's data center.

But I could use more DSLR and SLR camera gear.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply