Are there any read-made example databases I can use for a new Azure SQL Database?

• (This post might be in the wrong place. Please forgive me if this is the wrong forum to ask this question.)

I'm about to start writing a new application, to prototype some ideas. We want to have a database in Azure, so Azure SQL Database seemed the right choice, in this case. At this point it's more import that I get to working on the rest of the application as soon as possible, so I thought I'd ask, are there any read-made example databases available for Azure SQL Database? Something like a Northwind for Azure SQL or anything like that. In this case small would be better.

Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

• Here is what you are looking for

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/samples/adventureworks-install-configure?view=sql-server-ver15&tabs=ssms

Michael L John
    If you assassinate a DBA, would you pull a trigger?
    To properly post on a forum:
    http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/61537/

• Yep. AdventureWorks in all it's messed up glory. Honestly, I love that sample database. Why? Because it looks like all the other messed up constructs I see everywhere else. It's wonderful.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Grant Fritchey wrote:

Yep. AdventureWorks in all it's messed up glory. Honestly, I love that sample database. Why? Because it looks like all the other messed up constructs I see everywhere else. It's wonderful.

BWAAA-HAAAA!!!  Hence the name... it's a real adventure to work on. 😀

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Thank you, Michael! Exactly what I'm looking for.

• Grant Fritchey wrote:

Yep. AdventureWorks in all it's messed up glory. Honestly, I love that sample database. Why? Because it looks like all the other messed up constructs I see everywhere else. It's wonderful.

Grant, I love this reply! Wish I could give it a smiley face emoji. 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply