Brandie Tarvin (9/30/2015)

SQLRNNR (9/30/2015)

Eirikur Eiriksson (9/30/2015)

WayneS (9/30/2015)

Luis Cazares (9/30/2015)

ChrisM@Work (9/30/2015)

ChrisM@Work (9/30/2015)

An unsolicited email has just dropped into my Hotmail inbox from a recruitment agency touting a permy dev DBA role in Soho (London) paying Β£50k to Β£90k. If SQL Server was lemon-squeezy the rate wouldn't be as high.

Luis Cazares (9/30/2015)

I believe HADR is HARD. πŸ˜€

I'm noting a distinct lack of sympathy with my SQL 2012 Cluster woes.

Sniff.

Sniff, sniff.

< puppy dog eyes >

Virtual pizza in the email πŸ™‚

And donuts. πŸ˜‰

And chocolate. πŸ˜€

And Limoncello :satisfied:

and jellybeans

Wow. The only thing I seem to be missing is the popcorn.

I don't know, Brandie. I think you have enough there to keep you busy for a while.

s'mores anyone?

Bacon?

Bacon is ALWAYS welcome!

• Lynn Pettis (9/30/2015)

Jack Corbett (9/30/2015)

SQLRNNR (9/30/2015)

Ed Wagner (9/30/2015)

SQLRNNR (9/30/2015)

WayneS (9/30/2015)

Luis Cazares (9/30/2015)

ChrisM@Work (9/30/2015)

ChrisM@Work (9/30/2015)

An unsolicited email has just dropped into my Hotmail inbox from a recruitment agency touting a permy dev DBA role in Soho (London) paying Β£50k to Β£90k. If SQL Server was lemon-squeezy the rate wouldn't be as high.

Luis Cazares (9/30/2015)

Sniff.

Sniff, sniff.

< puppy dog eyes >

And donuts. πŸ˜‰

And chocolate. πŸ˜€

and jellybeans

I don't know, Brandie. I think you have enough there to keep you busy for a while.

s'mores anyone?

Bacon?

Bacon is ALWAYS welcome!

Mmmmm bacon...could murder a bacon butty right now...

β€œWrite the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

• ChrisM@Work (10/1/2015)

Lynn Pettis (9/30/2015)

Jack Corbett (9/30/2015)

SQLRNNR (9/30/2015)

Ed Wagner (9/30/2015)

SQLRNNR (9/30/2015)

WayneS (9/30/2015)

Luis Cazares (9/30/2015)

ChrisM@Work (9/30/2015)

ChrisM@Work (9/30/2015)

Luis Cazares (9/30/2015)

Sniff.

Sniff, sniff.

< puppy dog eyes >

And donuts. πŸ˜‰

And chocolate. πŸ˜€

and jellybeans

s'mores anyone?

Bacon?

Bacon is ALWAYS welcome!

I just enjoyed one... with brown sauce. Might have another, Thursday Fat day.

• BL0B_EATER (10/1/2015)

ChrisM@Work (10/1/2015)

Lynn Pettis (9/30/2015)

Jack Corbett (9/30/2015)

SQLRNNR (9/30/2015)

Ed Wagner (9/30/2015)

SQLRNNR (9/30/2015)

WayneS (9/30/2015)

Luis Cazares (9/30/2015)

ChrisM@Work (9/30/2015)

ChrisM@Work (9/30/2015)

Luis Cazares (9/30/2015)

Sniff.

Sniff, sniff.

< puppy dog eyes >

And donuts. πŸ˜‰

And chocolate. πŸ˜€

and jellybeans

s'mores anyone?

Bacon?

Bacon is ALWAYS welcome!

:crying:

β€œWrite the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

• BL0B_EATER (10/1/2015)

ChrisM@Work (10/1/2015)

Lynn Pettis (9/30/2015)

Jack Corbett (9/30/2015)

SQLRNNR (9/30/2015)

Ed Wagner (9/30/2015)

SQLRNNR (9/30/2015)

WayneS (9/30/2015)

Luis Cazares (9/30/2015)

ChrisM@Work (9/30/2015)

ChrisM@Work (9/30/2015)

Luis Cazares (9/30/2015)

Sniff.

Sniff, sniff.

< puppy dog eyes >

And donuts. πŸ˜‰

And chocolate. πŸ˜€

and jellybeans

s'mores anyone?

Bacon?

Bacon is ALWAYS welcome!

A bacon bully!? What in the name of the Buddha is that? Google brings me no joy.

I brought back some bully beef from PNG that my wife just loves.

My mantra: No loops! No CURSORs! No RBAR! Hoo-uh![/I]

My thought question: Have you ever been told that your query runs too fast?

My advice:
    INDEXing a poor-performing query is like putting sugar on cat food. Yeah, it probably tastes better but are you sure you want to eat it?
    The path of least resistance can be a slippery slope. Take care that fixing your fixes of fixes doesn't snowball and end up costing you more than fixing the root cause would have in the first place.

Need to UNPIVOT? Why not CROSS APPLY VALUES instead?[/url]
    Since random numbers are too important to be left to chance, let's generate some![/url]
    Learn to understand recursive CTEs by example.[/url]
    [url url=http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/St

• dwain.c (10/1/2015)

BL0B_EATER (10/1/2015)

ChrisM@Work (10/1/2015)

Lynn Pettis (9/30/2015)

Jack Corbett (9/30/2015)

SQLRNNR (9/30/2015)

Ed Wagner (9/30/2015)

SQLRNNR (9/30/2015)

WayneS (9/30/2015)

Luis Cazares (9/30/2015)

ChrisM@Work (9/30/2015)

ChrisM@Work (9/30/2015)

Luis Cazares (9/30/2015)

Sniff.

Sniff, sniff.

< puppy dog eyes >

And donuts. πŸ˜‰

And chocolate. πŸ˜€

and jellybeans

s'mores anyone?

Bacon?

Bacon is ALWAYS welcome!

A bacon bully!? What in the name of the Buddha is that? Google brings me no joy.

I brought back some bully beef from PNG that my wife just loves.

Bully? "Butty"! Two (or more) slices of bread with stuff in between. Fatboy upstairs probably had a tripledecker.

• I got a bacon making kit for my birthday on Sunday. I can't wait to give it a go. Hopefully next month there'll be a butty with homemade bacon, homemade sausage and eggs from the allotment on homemade bread. I can taste it already...

On two occasions I have been asked, "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" ... I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
    β€”Charles Babbage, Passages from the Life of a Philosopher

How to post a question to get the most help http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537

• BWFC (10/1/2015)

I got a bacon making kit for my birthday on Sunday. I can't wait to give it a go. Hopefully next month there'll be a butty with homemade bacon, homemade sausage and eggs from the allotment on homemade bread. I can taste it already...

Go for it. I got this for Christmas but haven't had time to do anything with it yet.

• BWFC (10/1/2015)

Hopefully next month there'll be a butty with homemade bacon, homemade sausage and eggs from the allotment on homemade bread. I can taste it already...

So, um, whereabouts in the UK do you live? Just curious.... πŸ˜€

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Talking about pork products, any one understand Sausage with Maple? I don't..

• ChrisM@Work (10/1/2015)

BWFC (10/1/2015)

I got a bacon making kit for my birthday on Sunday. I can't wait to give it a go. Hopefully next month there'll be a butty with homemade bacon, homemade sausage and eggs from the allotment on homemade bread. I can taste it already...

Go for it. I got this for Christmas but haven't had time to do anything with it yet.

I've got the River Cottage Handbook and Food DIY but unfortunately not had much success with curing meat. We've bought a mini-fridge specifically for preserving stuff now so hopefully should have more luck.

If anybody's throwing out a gym locker or filing cabinet in the North Manchester area I'd like to build a cold smoker soon πŸ™‚

On two occasions I have been asked, "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" ... I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
    β€”Charles Babbage, Passages from the Life of a Philosopher

How to post a question to get the most help http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537

• BWFC (10/1/2015)

ChrisM@Work (10/1/2015)

BWFC (10/1/2015)

I've got the River Cottage Handbook and Food DIY but unfortunately not had much success with curing meat. We've bought a mini-fridge specifically for preserving stuff now so hopefully should have more luck.

If anybody's throwing out a gym locker or filing cabinet in the North Manchester area I'd like to build a cold smoker soon πŸ™‚

The Strawbridges publish a couple of simple designs in their book.

• BL0B_EATER (10/1/2015)

Talking about pork products, any one understand Sausage with Maple? I don't..

It's surely what you are used to? Pork & apple in the UK. Never tried sausages & maple but bacon & maple is good. Oh, wait a minute...got it...this place [/url]does a really nice mixed platter with sausage & maple.

• BL0B_EATER (10/1/2015)

I've been to Canada more times than I can recall - maple with pretty much anything. Maple with pork products is amazing. Maple tea, not so much.

• BrainDonor (10/1/2015)

BL0B_EATER (10/1/2015)

I've been to Canada more times than I can recall - maple with pretty much anything. Maple with pork products is amazing. Maple tea, not so much.

Some days I wish I lived in a maple-tapping state. I would love to do some tapping.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

Viewing 15 posts - 50,836 through 50,850 (of 66,547 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply