Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (10/21/2014)

Good for you, Lynn. You coming back to the Springs, I assume?

Yes, sir. It feels good knowing that I will come home and not have to start looking for a job right away.

• Ed Wagner (10/21/2014)

Sean Lange (10/21/2014)

rodjkidd (10/21/2014)

spaghettidba (10/21/2014)

rodjkidd (10/21/2014)

Ed Wagner (10/21/2014)

Gianluca, where are you located in Italy?

I'm in Conegliano, home of the Prosecco sparkling wine.

It's 50 km from Venice.

Welcome back Gianluca! So not that far from Pordenone, where I see a SQL Sat is being held next Feb

Rodders...

Yup. Also, it's not far from Parma, where we have a SQLSat in November and Ljubljana in December.

I'm speaking in Parma and I'm crossing my fingers for Ljubljana 🙂

I want to go to at least one SQL Sat in Italy. November is probably a no go due to going to PASS, and December is so full at the moment with other things!

Although I will need to check how much, if any, of the presentations are in English first :-O

Rodders...

I just want to go to Italy someday. If it coincided with a SQL Sat that would just be a bonus. 😀

I'd like to eat my way across Italy some day, from Puglia up to around Emilia Romagna or Tuscany. If there were SQL Saturdays along the way, that would be a bonus, but not required.

If you're in Italy, you can stop by Belgium as well 😀

We also have great food (and beer). 😉

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• spaghettidba (10/21/2014)

Ed Wagner (10/21/2014)

Parma, Venice...these cities are making me think of authentic Italian food. I cook and am a HUGE fan of real Italian, so now I'm hungry. I envy where you live.

I'm having Spätzle for dinner tonight :hehe:

Spätzle e olio di olive e pepe nere?

😎

• Eirikur Eiriksson (10/21/2014)

Ed Wagner (10/21/2014)

Parma, Venice...these cities are making me think of authentic Italian food. I cook and am a HUGE fan of real Italian, so now I'm hungry. I envy where you live.

😎

Stop talking about food. I'm hungry.

Luis C.
    General Disclaimer:
    Are you seriously taking the advice and code from someone from the internet without testing it? Do you at least understand it? Or can it easily kill your server?

How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help: Option 1 / Option 2
  • Luis Cazares (10/21/2014)

Eirikur Eiriksson (10/21/2014)

Ed Wagner (10/21/2014)

😎

Ok but it's just perfect with a dash of chipotle:w00t:

😎

Luis Cazares (10/21/2014)

Ed Wagner (10/21/2014)

😎

😎

Careful, we're likely to get back on the topic of barbecue and smoking.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

Ed Wagner (10/21/2014)

😎

😎

Definitely not traditional - Spätzle with olive oil and chipotle. However, I have little doubt it would be good, especially if you add the chipotle into the pasta dough when you make it. Then again, a lot of things taste better with a bit of heat. Chipotle has the added benefit of smokey goodness. 😀

• Ed Wagner (10/21/2014)

Ed Wagner (10/21/2014)

😎

😎

Definitely not traditional - Spätzle with olive oil and chipotle. However, I have little doubt it would be good, especially if you add the chipotle into the pasta dough when you make it. Then again, a lot of things taste better with a bit of heat. Chipotle has the added benefit of smokey goodness. 😀

Make mine a tricolore, Chipotle, Jalapeño and Adjoema

😎

Ed Wagner (10/21/2014)

Ed Wagner (10/21/2014)

😎

😎

😎

If you're willing to change the Adjoema with Habanero, I'll be glad to invite you to dinner. 😉

Luis C.
    General Disclaimer:
    Are you seriously taking the advice and code from someone from the internet without testing it? Do you at least understand it? Or can it easily kill your server?

How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help: Option 1 / Option 2
  • spaghettidba (10/21/2014)

Ed Wagner (10/21/2014)

Hey Gianluca,

you obviously went up waaaaay North in terms of declaring food as being Italian....

Next step would be to call Surströmming being Italian food, too 😉

(to the folks being too lazy to google it: it is fermented Baltic sea herring. Wiki-Quote: A fermentation process (which converts sugar to acids, gases, and alcohol) of at least six months gives the lightly-salted fish its characteristic strong smell and somewhat acidulous taste.)

Should help most of you to overcome any kind of a hungry feeling 😉

Lutz
    A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

How to get fast answers to your question[/url]
    How to post performance related questions[/url]
    Links for Tally Table [/url] , Cross Tabs [/url] and Dynamic Cross Tabs [/url], Delimited Split Function[/url]

Ed Wagner (10/21/2014)

Ed Wagner (10/21/2014)

😎

😎

😎

If you're willing to change the Adjoema with Habanero, I'll be glad to invite you to dinner. 😉

Now you're talking - there's some heat. 😀 The last Habanero sauce I had (purchased, not made) was too sweet, but I know it was to compliment the natural fruitiness of the pepper. I know it's not for everyone, but if it has good flavor to go along with the heat, I'm in.

• LutzM (10/21/2014)

Ed Wagner (10/21/2014)

Hey Gianluca,

you obviously went up waaaaay North in terms of declaring food as being Italian....

Next step would be to call Surströmming being Italian food, too 😉

(to the folks being too lazy to google it: it is fermented Baltic sea herring. Wiki-Quote: A fermentation process (which converts sugar to acids, gases, and alcohol) of at least six months gives the lightly-salted fish its characteristic strong smell and somewhat acidulous taste.)

Should help most of you to overcome any kind of a hungry feeling 😉

Surströmming is close to anchovy isn't it:-D

😎

Ed Wagner (10/21/2014)

Ed Wagner (10/21/2014)

😎

😎

😎

Either Habanero or Scotch bonnets will do

😎

• Ed Wagner (10/21/2014)

Ed Wagner (10/21/2014)

Ed Wagner (10/21/2014)

😎

😎

😎

Now you're talking - there's some heat. 😀 The last Habanero sauce I had (purchased, not made) was too sweet, but I know it was to compliment the natural fruitiness of the pepper. I know it's not for everyone, but if it has good flavor to go along with the heat, I'm in.

No sugar or ready made, just fresh salsa, chop the habanero, onions, maybe a ripe tomato and some herbs, has to be fresh!

😎

Viewing 15 posts - 46,201 through 46,215 (of 66,549 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply