Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Paul White (5/14/2009)

Lynn Pettis (5/14/2009)

Well, since we are showing about where we all live, here is where I live.

America is just really so big!

And hey your area is flat too!

What's that all about? 😎

It isn't all that flat, and I can be in the mountains in about 30 minutes. There are 51 mountains in Colorado that are over 14,000' high (fourteeners), with Pikes Peak (#29) basically in my backyard (about 30 to 45 minutes to get to the base of Pikes Peak).

• Lynn Pettis (5/15/2009)

It isn't all that flat, and I can be in the mountains in about 30 minutes. There are 51 mountains in Colorado that are over 14,000' high (fourteeners), with Pikes Peak (#29) basically in my backyard (about 30 to 45 minutes to get to the base of Pikes Peak).

Oh ok. I guess it looks flatter from above :hehe:

• And this is where I stay. Google Maps got the street name wrong though... Pretty flat around here as well, but Table Mountain (1070m) and the mountains surrounding the city (up to 2000m) are within a half hour drive as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A little knowledge is a dangerous thing (Alexander Pope)
    In order for us to help you as efficiently as possible, please read this before posting (courtesy of Jeff Moden)[/url]

• I'm a city guy from here but Munich is a very green city with many parks.

Anyway, 30 minutes to some nice lakes and 45 minutes to the Alps is really fine.

• Ahhh!!!! Damn it! Twice this year!

Flat broken into again last night. Among other things, took the zune that I bought to replace the ipod that they stole last bloody time.

As for where I live, crime bloody capital of the world it seems.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • here

No mountains only a few hills

Far away is close at hand in the images of elsewhere.
    Anon.

• Is there a reason you can't post to the forums yourself.

As for your solution it is not the same functionally. Whats more I think you looked at the wrong proposed solution, as the one with the MERGE join takes ~ 0ms of CPU as it is very efficient at reading the fewest rows possible.

Simon Sabin
    SQL Server MVP

http://sqlblogcasts.com/blogs/simons

• GilaMonster (5/15/2009)

Ahhh!!!! Damn it! Twice this year!

Flat broken into again last night. Among other things, took the zune that I bought to replace the ipod that they stole last bloody time.

And I thought Cape Town was the Crime Capital of the world. Between 2001 and 2003 we had four burglaries, two of them on successive Fridays. But ever since we have the two dogs it has been calm.

Anyhow Gail, I can relate to how you must be feeling. No fun imagining that someone was in your place checking your stuff out.

In order for us to help you as efficiently as possible, please read this before posting (courtesy of Jeff Moden)[/url]

• Florian Reischl (5/15/2009)

I'm a city guy from here but Munich is a very green city with many parks.

Anyway, 30 minutes to some nice lakes and 45 minutes to the Alps is really fine.

Ha, a Bavarian! Google Maps shows you are pretty close to the 1972 Olympic Stadium. But wasn't that one knocked down and replaced by the Allianz Arena? Or am I confusing things here?

• Jan Van der Eecken (5/15/2009)

But ever since we have the two dogs it has been calm.

I live in a block of flats, so dogs aren't an option

Anyhow Gail, I can relate to how you must be feeling. No fun imagining that someone was in your place checking your stuff out.

Sometime last night, while I was here, exactly the same way it was done in Jan. I suspect it's a youngster who's actually inside, the window that was used is over a 10m drop.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • GilaMonster (5/15/2009)

Ahhh!!!! Damn it! Twice this year!

Dang! That really sucks. Hope no humans are hurt!!

• Jan Van der Eecken (5/15/2009)

Florian Reischl (5/15/2009)

I'm a city guy from here but Munich is a very green city with many parks.

Ha, a Bavarian! Google Maps shows you are pretty close to the 1972 Olympic Stadium. But wasn't that one knocked down and replaced by the Allianz Arena? Or am I confusing things here?

Yep, a real Bavarian! 😀

Olympic Stadium is about 5mins by foot. It's not knocked down. The Allianz Arena is the new soccer stadium but Olympic Stadium is still alive. It's designated as listed monument and there are many concerts and other events. It's such a nice location!

• Sorry to hear about another burglary Gail. That really stinks. Glad you are okay though.

• Paul White (5/14/2009)

RBarryYoung (5/14/2009)

I on the other hand live in southern New Jersey, in this general area.

Hey, that looks pretty sweet!

Real flat too - do you have *any* hills or anything? 🙂

Yes, but we call them "Landfill". 🙁

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

• Bob Hovious (5/14/2009)

On Qo'noS, none rise to the rank of Klingon Senior DBA except over the bloody bodies of their fallen predecessors.

Oh, you don't have to be Klingon to do that...

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

Viewing 15 posts - 4,456 through 4,470 (of 66,547 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply