Appalling performance of CLR SqlBulkCopy

• i am sure you are right because i saw it.

maybe if a table is about 167 millions of rows, which i saw happening, then it takes more than a second.

so, i know you are right...

if your table is one to two millions of rows then yes it took less than a second.

the issue about bcp and truncate is not only rolling back.

last time, which was many years ago, i couldnt figure a 100% right rollback, but maybe i took a wrong approach.

the issue with non-logged db operations is reflected in doing a restore besides a rollback.

however, this is all several versions back of sql server.

maybe i took wrong approachs to rollback and restore non-logged db operations, or maybe sql server has been improved since version 6.0, and now rollback and restore of non-logged operations can be accomplished far better than during the 90s.

by the end, maybe i am all wrong and there are no non-logged operations in sql server, but if you are logging then deleting a 167 millions of rows table, with a typical "delete from" statement might take you literally hours if not more than a day.

maybe, i am wrong about that too, but if you are logging and making a one million inserts with you typical "insert into" statement, instead of sqlbulkcopy or bcp or other techniques like dts or ssis, this sql task will take several times more "time" to accomplish.

thank you very much for all the info i didn't know about, and also thank you for correcting me.

really appreciated,

tonko.

• i forgot to say something very important.

i apologize for all inaccuracies i have written in this thread, as these inaccuracies might mislead to wrong conclusions, which goes against the purpose of this forum.

these inaccuracies simply have no excuse as i should have double checked they were wrong by simply doing web searching.

i will avoid inaccuracies of all kinds as much as i can in the future.

best regards,

tonko.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply