Anyway to rollback a stored procedure to the previous version

• Is there anyway to undo a stored procedure alter statement??????? Or roll it back to a previous version??????

• Use the script of the last version you saved somewhere an rerun it.

Otherwise you could do a restore of the db on another server, copy that code and replace the new oe you just did. Other than that you're pretty much screwed.

• SQL Server doesn't have versioning control.  You would need Visual Source Safe or another versioning tool to store versions of sprocs.

You only other choice is what Remi said about restoring an older version of the database and retrieving the sproc.

• Does anyone know if SQL2005 has integration into sourcesafe?  I thought there was something out there (a 3rd party tool) that allowed SQL to integrate with vss?

• SQL2005 integrates with SS and with many 3rd party source control applicaiotns.

------------
    Buy the ticket, take the ride. -- Hunter S. Thompson

• This won't help you now ... but ....

Every time a deleoper has a stored proc to go to production, I script out the current production one,  so I have a history of all the versions for that SP.  You should set up something similar that works for you

• I agree and we do have a very similar process in place. This however occurred in a development environment and an older update script was run by accident before we had scripted the updated stored procedure.

Note to self: Never work in DB before second cup of java has kicked in

• about "Note to self: Never work in DB before second cup of java has kicked in "

I'm just curious what happens when you get that 'emergency phone call at 3:15 am ?

Do you make them wait while you brew a fresh batch of 'java', let alone drink not 1 but 2 cups and wait for the 'jolt' ...

RegardsRudy KomacsarSenior Database Administrator"Ave Caesar! - Morituri te salutamus."

• 3:15am is just another hour of the day! My new born ensures that!!

On the serious side. Yes as a DBA it is our responsibility to ensure that we are of sound mind when working with data. Other wise it would be reckless of us!

Thats what gets you to the back of the line at the Unemployment office

cheers

• I just couldn't resist commenting on that since I'm a confirmed 'java junkie' ... Have a Great Day !

RegardsRudy KomacsarSenior Database Administrator"Ave Caesar! - Morituri te salutamus."

• After having lost some developement work a year or so ago on a database that was not backed up regularly, we now just back up everything. All our DBs are backed up every night to tape, and we can go back 4 weeks, then monthly after that.  Now our developers (and I) don't have to worry as much.

It frees us up to worry about other things.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply