anybody knows ASP

• i have a problem,

we have one customer master, where users can enter customer name and information, then there is one report which will display all the customer names, and some information and there is one option view when the user clicks on it, it will show all the details regarding to that customer, in text boxes,list boxes, and so on

what the client wants is, user should be allowed to enter information which is not previously entered,

suppose ia have entered customer name in customer name field

then that field is not editable, it will be disabled user can see that information but cannot edit,

the fields which are blank are editable and user can enter inforation and save it.

when the asp page is submitted i call another asp page to process that information, but what happens is that the textboxes which are disabled are shows blank value..

but i need that information how to do that ?

<a href="http://www.websolsoftware.com"> For IT jobs click here</a>

*Sukhoi*[font="Arial Narrow"][/font]

• Hello Friend,

make one thing, are you calling some client side function before you are submitting your ASP page or in the form tag you have submit method defined?

1. if it is in form tag then remove it and define that method in client side function and post the page.

2. Just before submitting the form, make all the text boxes enabled to get those values in on the page where you submit it.

Other solution can be....

1. When you want to make any text box enabled then instead of setting it's property to enabled = False you call client side procedure on keypress with parameter which will decide that whether the pressed key whould be set to 0 or actual value.

Still have problem, please let me know.

regards,

Mahesh

• Or optionally you can create input fields with a type of hidden for the same data so the user cannot touch them and they submit fine.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply