Analysis Service Books

• Hello every body!

I'm looking a reference book of Microsoft Analysis Services (topics: design, implement, optimization, maintaining, MDX, PTS, DTS, etc)

I know and understand Olap technology, but I never worked with Microsoft Analysis Services.

My first objectives are design and implement an EIS (Executive Information Systems) web enabled with dotNET, SQL2000 and Analysis Services.

Any recommendation it's welcome

Thank a lot

Fabricio

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Step by Step microsoft SQL Server 2000 Analysis Services is a wonderful book to start with.

Wes

• A good introductory book that I'm reading is the SQL Server Developer's Guide to OLAP with Analysis Services by Mike Gunderloy and Tim Sneath. It is published by Sybex and easy to read.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0782129579/qid=1044042460/sr=1-3/ref=sr_1_3/104-9733911-1281569?v=glance&s=books

However, I wouldn't call it a reference book because it is focused only on Analysis Services and has 480 pages. Maybe a SQL Server Unleashed or SQL Server Black Book might be what you are looking for because those books cover everything related to SQL Server in 1000+ pages.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply