Altering Included Indexes

• I have to agree with others. orderstatus not part of the table so option 4 fails as well. Only 1 valid option.

Do we all get a bonus point then? 😉

• Sorry, *YOU* were wrong. There is no column orderstatus!

• Wow - what's happened to the season of goodwill?

• Glad I'm not the only one that was puzzled by #4. Oh, well. Mistakes happen.

• Like the others have already mentioned. You can't alter a column that doesn't exist.

• There is no existing column orderstatus so that last option is not possible.

• #4 will result in an error since the orderstatus column does not exist...not sure how that is part of the correct answer.

• Soemthing is wrong here in the question. I guess the choice should be "only 1".

orderstatus can not be changed to "OrdeNotes" as summarynote is dependent on OrderNotes!!

Thanks.

• SQL-DBA-01 (12/30/2015)

Soemthing is wrong here in the question. I guess the choice should be "only 1".

orderstatus can not be changed to "OrdeNotes" as summarynote is dependent on OrderNotes!!

+1

I avoided this answer just for that reason

----------------------------------------------------

• I hate to "me too" this, but I can't +1 -- I jumped on this for easy points, and the "right" answer is wrong...

• yep sure is

• Interesting, you can alter a column that doesn't exist 🙂

• So we are all left guessing as to which incorrect answer is a typing error.

I guessed that it was the 3rd option because it is eminently sensible to require that saledate not be null if saleid isn't, and saleid is the primary key, so maybe shipdate in that option was an mistake for saledate, especially as a shipdate might well be null for some time after a slae has been made and an entry created in this table. But the error was in a different option and involved both altering a nonexistent column and a syntactically invalid GO.

So the last two days of the year both have questions where it's impossible to get the answer except by pure guesswork. Not a good end to the year, or to the week.

Anyway, happy new year, Steve.

Tom

• Thanks for the index question.

• I'm astonished that nobody has mentioned this yet, but option 4 will fail as there is no such column.

Perhaps everyone is using the discussion to learn and share information, rather than moaning about a minor typo and saying the same thing that has already been said a dozen times or more...

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply