Agent Job

• I have a job that runs nightly, it normally completes in a very short time but the Log File Viewer History shows it as still running after the last run, while Explorer details show it as not running as does sys.dm_exec_sessions.

I have tried stopping the job and get a failure message indicating the job is not running!

I have restarted the agent but still the job is reported in the History pane as still running!!

I have tried the usual searches and not found a solution. Has anyone come across this and if so found a solution; the running time in Job History is still incrementing.

• Sounds like a bug, are you on the latest Service Pack for 2012?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This thing is addressing problems that dont exist. Its solution-ism at its worst. We are dumbing down machines that are inherently superior. - Gilfoyle

• Quick question, what is the full output of SELECT @@VERSION

😎

• Microsoft SQL Server 2012 - 11.0.5058.0 (X64).....Enterprise Edition (64-bit) on Windows NT 6.3 <X64>(Build 9600)(Hypervisor)

Currently on SP2

• I've seen this kind of behavior before when a SQL Agent job gets interrupted by something like a server reboot. You can usually find if that happened in the Windows Event Viewer of the server SQL is running on.

• How large is the dbo.sysjobhistory table in msdb? Seen similar on the same version/patch level when the table grows huge.

😎

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply