Administering SQL 2000, 2005, 2008

• Hi,

Is there any tool or method to administer all SQL Servers 2000, 2005, 2008? Presently Remote desktop is being used.

Other thanc SSMS of 2008, is there any tool such as Enterprise Manager which serves similar purpose?

balasach

• DBArtisan, Rapid SQL, AquaStudio and several third party tools can be used to administer sql servers of all editions.

• I believe that TOAD, from Quest software, can be used to administer multiple version of SQL Server as well as other DBMS's.

To find out more visit: http://www.quest.com/toad/[/url]

• SQL Server 2008 (I believe...)

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• You should plan to have an Administration server, that just has the SQL client tools installed. You then register all your SQL instances to SSMS (or other preferred tool) on your Admin server, and control then all from a central point.

You should have at least one admin server at each site, to allow you to use your normal processes in the event of a DR situation. Depending on the number of staff who will need to use the admin servers, you can either use the standard 3 RDP connections available with Windows Server, or install Terminal Services and support a larger number of admin users.

Original author: https://github.com/SQL-FineBuild/Common/wiki/ 1-click install and best practice configuration of SQL Server 2019, 2017 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008 and 2005.

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor they call me a communist - Archbishop Hélder Câmara

• why not a ssms ? its really nice pieace of software ?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply