Action Over Knowledge

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Action Over Knowledge

• Thank you Steve for your insightful reminder.  I get involved heavily in things that are not truly important, whether it is a silly computer game or rarely my work and neglecting truly important things like playing with my 4 year old grandson or watching my 13 year old grand daughter's sports (even when she acts like, whatever).

Russel Loski, MCSE Business Intelligence, Data Platform

• Those are always good things. As I get older time/experiences with others are more valuable than things or my own goofy hobbies. Not that I don't have hobbies, but keep them in perspective.

• From the article:

"Life rewards action, not intelligence. Many brilliant people talk themselves out of getting started, and being smart doesn't help very much without the courage to act. You can't win if you're not in the game."

Heh... While I agree with some aspects of that, some people forget the incredible performance of "the other game".  That game is called "Intentional Inaction" and it sometimes takes quite a bit of intelligence to know just exactly when to invoke such action.  In other words there are times where you need to understand that the only way to win certain games, is simply not play.  In other words, learn the importance of the word "No".

And we all know which movie that first bit of very sound advice came from and the famous investor the second bit came from. 😉  Heh... and if you don't, then spend some time getting into THAT game.  😀

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  Jeff Moden.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Learning to say no is one of the best skills you can build.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply