ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine

• Hi All,

I have installed SQL server 2014 and my office is also 2013 64 bit. when i am trying to upload excel file into SQL server I am getting error that ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine. Same problem I am facing when I am using SSIS. I have installed AccessDatabaseEngine_x64 but the problem I am facing.

Can anyone please guide me how to resolve this issue?

• niladri.primalink (4/13/2015)

Hi All,

I have installed SQL server 2014 and my office is also 2013 64 bit. when i am trying to upload excel file into SQL server I am getting error that ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine. Same problem I am facing when I am using SSIS. I have installed AccessDatabaseEngine_x64 but the problem I am facing.

Can anyone please guide me how to resolve this issue?

Look under linked servers in SSMS and then look under providers under that. If you can't see it there, something went wrong during the install. If you did the install and didn't get out of SSMS and go back in, try that first because new providers don't register in currently open sessions of SSMS.

There are also some extra steps that you may need to take to enable the provider for the things you want to do. If the provider shows up as previously noted, right click on it and configure it for the things you'll want it to do.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your quick reply.

The below link has helped me to solve my problems

Thanks once again.

• niladri.primalink (4/13/2015)

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your quick reply.

The below link has helped me to solve my problems

Thanks once again.

Thanks for the feedback. That appears to be for Office 2007 and isn't the latest ACE driver. I don't believe it will work with XML based spreadsheets via the later versions of Office.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply