sys.dm_db_missing_index_details shows we need to create an index based on the columns under equality_columns or inequality_columns plus included_columns information,
now I have some questions about this one,
1. do you often refer to (or use) the information of this table to create or alter index ?
2. if we seldom create/alter index based on this inforamtion, can we say it not big practical value to us?
sys.dm_db_index_usage_stats shows the numbers of usage of index about user_seeks/ user_scans / user_lookups and user_updates , about these informations, I have questions below, thanks!
3. Can we use the the numbers of usage of index about user_seeks/ user_scans / user_lookups to change the index on the table ? if ok, how can we change this present indexs using these information ?
if there is a certain number to show need to change present indexs while user_scans is much higher than the user_seeks ?
4. what does it mean about the field of user_updates ?
5. if user_updates is much higher than the user_seeks, can we say this index unhelpful ?