A stored procedure that usually runs fast ran for a long time yesterday

• Dear Gail ShawMadam,

I am junior dba. I was told that this forum have great,SQL experts,kind hearted wonderful people with good virtues like all of you here and willing to help. Our environment is very laid back and not at all critical, hardly we get transactions. So, no problem if i take 3 or more weeks of time to do improvement. Please help on resolving the issue.

• coolchaitu (8/12/2015)

Our environment is very laid back and not at all critical, hardly we get transactions. So, no problem if i take 3 or more weeks of time to do improvement. Please help on resolving the issue.

If it's not critical then simply don't touch it, who cares? If it's critical then hire a professional.

It's like asking over the phone how to perform a heart surgery...

Optimizing server performance is not an easy task. DBAs sharpen their skills for years but you expect that someone will teach you in 5 sentences on how to fix performance issues? This forum is not a substitute for books or courses. If you want to became a Senior DBA one day then you have to start reading. You have to read a lot of and practice a lot. Books, articles, anything you can find. Use Google! If you find something that you don't understand then it means you don't know the basics. Step back and learn the basics first.

Begging on the forum for the answers looks silly and doesn't actually encourage other people to help you.

Alex Suprun

• Alex,

What i meant was our environment is small and there is no pressure on me to fix the issue immediately. They have told me to take my time to look into issue.

I am surprised how could you reply in such a uncultured and bad way. If you dont want to help, then please do not login to this forum. First learn how to treat. I treat my juniors in a very good way and help them the best i can. But the way you replied shows your worst attitude. May God forgive your sins.

• Gail Madam,

I have attached screenshot of what i see in the activity monitor. . Is this some issue? What do i need to do? Please help

Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 48 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply