A Quick Count

• None.

How else could I be the 'unknown DBA' ...

RegardsRudy KomacsarSenior Database Administrator"Ave Caesar! - Morituri te salutamus."

• LOL Rudy, I'm with you.  I think there is a SQL 2005 launch event shirt somewhere that I have never used though.  And have had a few over the years, but never wear them to the office.

When I left my previous company last year after almost 5 years, they sent out an email thanking me for the service etc.  One of the ladies in the office closest to me (less than 40 feet away) came up and asked me what excatly I did for the company.  And yes, I talked to her on a daily basis

• I don't think you would have counted correctly, according to our inventory you should be having 3 times more than what you have declared.

• I might have more lying around, but as I folded the laundry one day that's what I found there and in the drawers.

I have a bunch of SSC polos left from last year. We'll do more giveaways over time. Kind of a pain to ship out though

• Steve,

Can I expect a couple of good shirts then?

Thanks,

Khaleel Ahmed

ahmedk7@yahoo.com

• I have:

1 MCDBA Polo, 1 SQLservercentral.com polo, a couple of Visual Studio /SQL Server launch event t-shirts and a number of our Boston Heart Walk t-shirts.

Considering that I like Polo shirts, it is not nearly that many.

P.S. Rudy, why do you say "None" ? Didn't you get the SQLservercentral.com polo last year? If not, tell Steve and he will send you one.

Regards,Yelena Varsha

• New polo shirts, new color this year at PASS

I need to do some t-shirts one of these days. Maybe at some other event.

• Yelana, I may be mistaken ... blame it on the 'ravages' of middle age ...

RegardsRudy KomacsarSenior Database Administrator"Ave Caesar! - Morituri te salutamus."

• I have no idea how many SQL Server T-Shirts I have. I didn't really try to get them @ PASS 2005, the last conference I could make. I'm sure that I get some from MS Events when/as I can attend, but I generally only use them for off-days or when working/exercising. While I _can_ wear t-shirts to the office, I prefer not to - I just don't feel appropriately dressed for work @ the office in a t-shirt.

Now if more people would give out polos or even button-downs, I'd appreciate that. I have one shirt from SSC that I still wear, though it has definitely become smaller in the wash . (and yes, it was definitely from washing/drying not for other reasons )

• I tend to keep the nicer shirts (e.g polo's with collars) the rest, especially X-large t-shirts (I'm a medium all the way regardless of brand) end up being sleepwear for the wife and kids.  The nicer shirts routinely get worn on casual fridays or at "casual" clients.

I too would love to have a SQL Server Central shirt... who do we have to suck up to?

Joe

• I have a Red-Gate / "Simply Ingenious" shirt which I don't wear because I don't like to advertise

I also have a Simple-Talk / "Author" polo which sits in my locker as a backup should I ride the bike to work on casual day and forget to bring a polo with me.

I'm not big on wearing t-shirts to work anymore - not even the dressy ones. I've gone from being a tie-wearer back in the early 90's to a slob in jeans & t-shirt and now back to wearing business attire. It is amazing how much more you can achieve when you look "professional" even if you aren't. I know the preference is for "to thine own self be true" but it's difficult to do that and to state a business case to management and get funding when you look like a dag.

I also have a heap of the old Computer Associates shirts that looked like a printed tie-dye - I think I threw them into the "clean" rag-bag for when I polish the car

A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

• Oh t-shirts can be an issue. I have tons from my time at Microsoft and trades with other vendors. Of course plenty of SQL Sentry t-shirts but my favorite remains my Microsoft Windows Printing System. It was a product that helped Windows 3.0/3.1 work with older printers. Best thing about it was the shirt.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply