A Personality Test

• Your Name Here (3/22/2012)

Mater.

Best. Answer. Ever.

I'd be a Honda Civic. I drive a Honda Civic.

Boring, gets the job done, not fancy but dependable, slightly overpriced. 😉

---------------------------------------------------------
    How best to post your question[/url]
    How to post performance problems[/url]
    Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url]

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

• I'ld be a medium duty 4x4 pickup. (can't do everything, but can do many tasks well, wish they would make one that was better on gas)

currently I drive a subaru forester (pretty utilitarian and not much different I guess)

-- Optimist with experience and still learning

• I'd be a 1970 Dodge Challenger, similar to the one in the movie Vanishing Point.

Currently dirve 2002 Grand Prix GTP and if the weather is real nice my '68 Firebird

• a 1966 Chevy BelAir ... classic, roomy, easy on gas with the 260 cubic inch inline 6 cylinder engine and enough low gear torque to pull a semi cab out of a ditch at idle.

(yeah, we actually did that circa 1970 !)

As for today there are 2 vehicles:

- 1996 Ford Explorer - Eddie Bauer Edition

- 1998 Toyota Avalon - loaded except the moon roof

Both have almost pristine bodies. The Ford is all new except for the frame and body and has close to 200K miles on it. The Toyota interior is immaculate and will be getting a new drive train soon ... oh it has 138K miles on it too.

What does it all say ?

"Looks can be deceiving !"

RegardsRudy KomacsarSenior Database Administrator"Ave Caesar! - Morituri te salutamus."

• a 91 ford taurus! that's excellent! I thought my '92 vw jetta was getting on, but a '91? even better. you must be so proud. I totally am, I talk about her often with a great deal of pride. I originally aimed for 20 years - on april 4th - but she's treating me so well, I've revised that to 25 and rather hoping she'll outlive me. how long do you plan on keeping her/him going?

right now, I'm probably much like my own sweet '92 vanessa - nessie - but my imagination/delusion drives me to a beloved mint condition 1909 REO Runabout, 1900 - 1910 Stanley Steamer or even a 1900 - 1910 Buick - treasured and lovingly cared for, kept in a spotless cubby and driven only in the finest weather.

• I'd be a Ford Mustang. Sporty, fast, and powerful.

I drive a Hyundai Sonata. Plain, but very reliable.

• 1950 Dodge 3/4ton 4x4 pickup with 5.9L cummins. Currently drive a 69 plymouth satellite everyday.

• I'm a silver Mercedes Benz 600 Limousine. Elegant and stately. 😉

( http://www.m-100.cc/600/index.html )

Currently we own a silver 2008 Mercedes Benz E320 Diesel and a black 2005 Mercedes Benz E300 Diesel.

• a 1969! fantastic! you must live some place salt free. my nessie has years to go.

• North Dakota. Not so much salt free. But it is on the road 15K miles a year, all year long.

• I'd be a Honda Civic - boring, but reliable and economical (I'm somewhat stingy).

Actual ride today was "Fuzzy", a 2006 Yamaha FZ1 - it's how I get to work with a smile on my face.

The rest of the fleet includes:

- "Truckie", a 1994 Toyota 4x4 pickup with 265K miles (my baby that I bought new)

- "Oli", a 2011 Toyota RAV4 (RAV-i-Oli) that my wife drives

- "Beemish", a 2004 BMW 330xi that I'm currently trying to get running so I can sell it (was replaced by "Oli")

• I'd be some sort of multi purpose off road vehicle!

We did this comparision when we were searching for a software suite. We wanted a multi purpose 4 wheel drive MPV but we had several choices. One package was like a Russian Zil - very smart but non-adaptable and forced you down one route. Another was like a kit car - you bought a core and then lots of bolt-on bits. We bought a medium family hatchback type suite in the end.

On our drive: my VW Passat estate, Ford Transit van (to become camper), Renault Kangoo van (builder's van), old Terrano (acquisition for rougher work), old VW T4 camper van and daughter's old VW Golf. I've always had VW since my first car in 1979.

• For some time now, I see myself as a vintage Ferrari. Great performance when running on all twelve cylinders. Most often, stumbling a bit with fouled plugs. On demand, the plugs clear off, performance returns.

A 2001 Alfa Romeo Spider, 3.0 24V six speed is the dd. Other assorted Italian cars fill all the gaps.

• I'd be a Chevy Camaro - red, convertible and sporty with 8 cylinders and a stick shift...:-D

Currently driving my husbands Jeep Grand Cherokee, a 4-wheeled "grocery getter" with a full sized spare! My 1999 Tahoe with 200K+ became unreliable for the daily commute.

• Id be a 40 year old 4x4. Doesn't matter what model. Something with some experiance, has some balls, but tempermental always seems to get you to your destination.

I drive 2 rigs, both Jeeps. One is an '89 Wrangler, and the other is a '02 Wrangler.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply