A New Year

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item A New Year

• Steve, if you come anywhere near Detroit, let me know... I gotta meet you some day and it's not likely I'll make it out to your farm!

And congrats on making 40 this year! You know how they say you go "down hill" after 40? Don't take that the wrong way... what they really mean is that everything get's easier after 40. Well, except for poopin' regular 😛

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• We're moving from The Netherlands to Austria in february, so my new year's resolution would be to set up a fine new home for my wife and kids and make sure that they'll feel well over there. I'm going to have to travel quite a bit for the new job, so I want to spend as much quality time with them as I can when I'm at home.

Happy new year everybody !

• My Resolution at work are to get the rewrite of the application I'm currently in charge of completed and get the organization to a better place so that I might have the chance to take opportunities as they present themselves.

At home I'm resolving to finish my basement and brew more beer.

To help us help you read this[/url]For better help with performance problems please read this[/url]

• Here's wishing a happy new year to everyone here 😀

My main goal in 2008 is to help my husband find the career happiness that I found in 2007. After changing jobs and finally getting back in the career path that I wanted to be in, I've been much happier in general, and that's what I want for him. 🙂

For me personally, I want to work on improving my non-work skills, specifically my double bass playing and baking. I've noticed this year that I really can do well with these if I put enough effort into it, so we'll see how that goes.

• Same for me on 40 in '07! So I'm going to start running with my new wife.

Do what it takes to become a BI expert so that I can take advantage of a wider range of West Cost opportunities... Ready to trade 6 months of snow for a wet suit and surf.

• I will turn 76 in the second quarter of 2008 and my work resolution is to keep on learning.

My personal resolution is to live healthy and make it to the ripe old age of 77.

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Ron

Please help us, help you -before posting a question please read[/url]
    Before posting a performance problem please read[/url]

• I intend to work less, make more, and help Ms. South Carolina achieve world peace and learn to read maps.

Student of SQL and Golf, Master of Neither

• After working for them for 4 years, I recently found out that my whole company is leaving Michigan and moving to North Carolina sometime later this year...

I resolve to stay in Michigan 😛

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Good luck on the job hunt. 😉

I gave up on new years resolutions a while back but...

Brush up on C# skills

Spend more time on university work

And a couple others I won't post here because I don't want google to get them.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply