A Fun Poll

• Steve's a spring chicken  (I'll be 47 next month...)

Birthdays are just another good excuse to have dinner out for us.  But when my "significant other" returned from a 3-month stint in Japan, I invited over a few close friends the following weekend so he could share all his wonderful stories.  He loved it!  Potluck in the back yard under the tree in the warm weather, with good food and good friends - what could be better?

Here there be dragons...,

Steph Brown

• ...His and hers monogrammed backscratchers for me and Mrs. M to celebrate the 7-year itch celebration?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?

• Happy Birthday, Steve.

Mine is coming in a couple of days and I can not celebrate it now big due to some family circumstances and we did not celebrate my father's 75 due to the same reason. But when everything is well, we would have a nice dinner with relatives at my home or for a big event would go out to the real restourant as a group. The difference between American and Russian ways for the birthdays are that in America friends and relatives take you out. A Russian way, that  the person whos birthday it is would pay for the meal and all others would bring good gifts, flowers etc. If it is a big date, then definitely people would bring posters with pictures, jokes, prepare speeches and compose even-related poetry. If it is a home celebration then a lot of friend and relatives will come in advance to help cook, decorate and serve. For some reason these 2 or 3 hours before everybody else comes stay in your memory better then the event itself.

Yelena

Regards,Yelena Varsha

• Thanks from everyone and some nice posts in this thread. Glad to see that many of you are happy with your places in life and aren't stressing about the aging process.

• Add me to the list wishing you a happy birthday, Steve.

I turned 40 less than a month ago. Husband asked me if I wanted a party but I decided that I'd rather have a nice, quiet, romantic evening with him. We wound up on one of the dinner/dance cruises that tour around the San Francisco bay. It was a wonderful evening in many ways.

Of course, as soon as his family heard about my birthday they *had* to celebrate so we wound up having a BBQ at our house the following weekend. I can't complain as they family brought over fresh crawdads and mussels and shrimp.

• Happy Birthday Steve !

This post is a day late due to production issues on the job all day Friday (not my doing) that did not allow me my normal continuing education time by participating in the SQL Server Central community. I really do not do anything special, however I would like to share my godmothers point of view on this subject. 

When she was 29 she said she would no longer get any older in years. She merely started celebrating anniversaries of her 29th birthday. Quite a few years back she reached the 29th anniversary of her 29th birthday. When asked by family what was next she proudly proclaimed - I shall live and age no more !

RegardsRudy KomacsarSenior Database Administrator"Ave Caesar! - Morituri te salutamus."

• I don't know if anyone is still reading posts here, but I thought I'd add an interesting tidbit about the way my family and I celebrate birthdays. Rather than wait for the birth date, we have a Mardi Gras week for each person during their birthday week. We give a present each day during the week and try to have interesting meals and fun things planned all week. Having just one day to celebrate is just not enough-life is too short and we should try to enjoy every minute that we can!

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply