70-431 Question from Lesson 2,Chapter 2 [Microsoft Kit]

• SSH (4/17/2008)

Whilst working towards my MCITP Database Admin 2005, I am looking for a junior dba role but am having little luck due to lack of commercial experience.

SSH/quote]

Im in the same boat as you so to speak except Im still studying for the 70-431 exam. I was wondering whats your background in IT anyway? Do you have a degree or previously worked IT or is this just a career change?

• Can I take this conversation back to the 70-431 self-paced training? I have the SQL 2000 MCDBA and just finished a nice 5 month contract as a DBA for a SQL 2000 ETL project. Prior to that, my 7 years of on the job DBA skills were part-time and unofficial. I am working on the MCITP: DBA and am stuck on a problem in the XML practice for Chapter 8, Lesson 3. I installed the trial Enterprise SQL 2005 from the DVD that came with the book but I don't seem to be able to create a new Visual Studio console application(practice step 8), I do have templates for 6 project types, including SSIS. If anyone knows how to work around this, let me know.

I am not used to working with VStudio and am getting that "deer in the headlights" feeling. I know it's vague but if anyone has suggestions on getting some VStudio practice, let me know.

Many thanks,

David

• david (5/3/2008)

I am working on the MCITP: DBA and am stuck on a problem in the XML practice for Chapter 8, Lesson 3. I installed the trial Enterprise SQL 2005 from the DVD that came with the book but I don't seem to be able to create a new Visual Studio console application(practice step 8), I do have templates for 6 project types, including SSIS. If anyone knows how to work around this, let me know.

Actual text from the Practice:

Create a console application in Visual Studio 2005 to execute the XPATH query

directly against the annotated XSD schema or through the XML view file.

4. To create a console application, open Visual Studio 2005 or Visual C# 2005

Express Edition.

I suggest going here and downloading it:

• Hi

I am new to this forum and also I am new to sql server can you please suggest me like what sort of certifications will be there and where can I get material for exams on net. If you have any pdf file material then pls forward me.

Thanks,

sainath

• Can you possibly rephrase your question? I'm not sure I understand if you are only asking about 70-431 exam specifically. As for as a pdf goes, I believe preplogic offers a free study guide that is a short version of the material.

• I've heard of PDFs that you can buy with lifelike Q&A but don't recommend going down that road. It's not a matter of "if" you'll get busted but "when". Anyone dumb enough to buy these but smart enough to pass an exam wouldn't give them away.

Use the force...resist the dark side...

If you are looking for the list of cert's (nod your head here), try these links:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcts/sql/default.mspx

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcitp/default.mspx

You have to pick a road for SQL MCITP now; Administrator, Developer, BI...2007 or 2008.

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers,

David

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply