The grade for January is a D. Details below, but just not making a lot of progress in these areas.
I set goals at the beginning of the year, and I’m tracking my progress in these updates during 2022.
The various sections are listed below, and I’m giving a SMART grade based on what I listed. Have I gotten much done. January wasn’t too busy for me at work, but a little busy outside of work with coaching ramping up and my wife being down from work for a few weeks.
I got a bit done, but not a lot.
Two books on the list: marketing and coaching. I haven’t picked a marketing book, but I picked Wolfpack for coaching. With one started and one not, this is an F.
- Set up a tracking system based on the book for my efforts with customers
- Track and calculate my scores to help me better approach how I work with customers.
- Review this with my boss and with someone in sales
Rating: D, I rated myself, but no review with others. On me for not getting this scheduled in a timely manner.
- 2 speaking engagements for community (RMOUG Training Days and SQL Bits are on my schedule)
- Reach out to 10 SQL Sat groups that did not run an event in 2022 and motivate them for 2023. This should be at least 2 emails to each person/group.
- Reach out to all 2022 organizers and ask about plans for 2023
- Start coding a tool for converting schedules to HTML.
- Hold office hours once in Q1
- Send 3 monthly SQL Saturday updates to the community
This is a lot. It’s a lot for Q1, especially the emails, as I don’t want to overload any one individual. Two can be challenging. I set up a repo, I did reach out to 9 organizers from 2022, so that’s half. We also have 4 new events on the schedule and 6 previous ones. Given this is only 1/3 of the quarter, I think I’m on a C pace.
- Use my Power BI report for stats
- Update the Power BI report based on feedback from athletes
- Build 6 wooden coasters – I haven’t made enough time for my hobby here, so I’m going to start small. We need more coasters (as noticed over the holidays), so I want to build 6. Same style, different.
The first two are done, but it’s been in the 20s and 30s in Denver, so not a lot of enthusiasm for woodwork. Maybe a C here as I have updated the report and gotten feedback. No coasters though.