I set goals at the beginning of the year, and I’m tracking my progress in these updates during 2021.
As I look at goal progress for 2021, I’m going to follow a similar pattern as last year. I’ll give myself a current grade and report on overall progress in of the areas where I set goals.
Current Grade: C
I haven’t spend enough time on things. Life has gotten busy as I get into the thick of volleyball coaching, spring chores, and then some coping. I have been reading a touch more, but not enough. I should be done with this book and I’ve let it drag.
The goal was 4 books (3 non-fiction, 1 tech). Here’s the current progress:
- Career – Project to Product – 47%
- Career – TBD
- Career – TBD
- Technical – TBD
I’m solving the Advent of Code three times. I’m also studying for certification. In terms of work here, I did do some coding, but not enough. I’m behind here and #7 is daunting, which slowed me a bit.
- Certification – AZ-900 – 5%
- Certification – DP-200 – 0%
- Skills – T-SQL – 2020 Advent of Code – 5/25
- Skills – Python – 2020 Advent of Code – 6/25
- Skills – PowerShell – 2020 Advent of Code – 5/25
- Skills – TBD
I had a few projects for myself. Most of January was supporting SQL Memorial as well as doing some SQL Saturday/Data Saturday stuff. So far things appear to be working fine.
- SQL Saturday Foundation – 70%
- Support events: I’m speaking at an event and submitted to more.
- Speak at the 3 local user groups, at least one live presentation – 0%
- Help organize a Denver/Colorado event, live or virtual – 10% (conversations)
- Complete my Power BI Volleyball report – I know lots of kids will use this, so I need to get it done – 20%
- SQL Memorial – 80%
The SQL Saturday stuff has eaten some time as I try to plan, work with a lawyer, and more, but it’s not moving enough.