If you've spent any amount of time on the site, you know that search has been the bane of our community for some time. We've purchased and tried a number of search engines, worked on our own, and always seem to have problems.
Recently Surfinity came to us as an advertiser and along with that offered us a copy of their search engine to try and use. I was hesitant at first given all the issues we've had in the past, but after looking at their email in my inbox for a couple months, I decided to give it a try.
I got SQL Turbo installed a little over a week ago and indexed a few tables on the test server. While this isn't a review, suffice it to say that the installation was painless and I was searching inside a few minutes. Of course, it then took a few days for me to build some sort of web interface that we could use since I'm a web hack and not a real programmer.
The result is our new Beta Search Page. Try it out, see if it's working, let us know about bugs and issues, as well as enhancements using the problem report link on the top menu. I hope it works better, quicker, and you're happy with it. We've got a full review of the product coming and I know the vendor would love to hear about any feedback you have as well.
Thanks for bearing with us and I hope this search interface works well for you.