SQL Clone
SQLServerCentral is supported by Redgate

The 2010 SQLServerCentral Opening Night Party

The 2010 SQLServerCentral Opening Night Party

Author
Steve Jones
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (146K reputation)SSC Guru (146K reputation)SSC Guru (146K reputation)SSC Guru (146K reputation)SSC Guru (146K reputation)SSC Guru (146K reputation)SSC Guru (146K reputation)SSC Guru (146K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Excellent! I'll see you there, ALZDBA!

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest
Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
My Blog: www.voiceofthedba.com
SequelDBA
SequelDBA
SSC Veteran
SSC Veteran (238 reputation)SSC Veteran (238 reputation)SSC Veteran (238 reputation)SSC Veteran (238 reputation)SSC Veteran (238 reputation)SSC Veteran (238 reputation)SSC Veteran (238 reputation)SSC Veteran (238 reputation)

Group: General Forum Members
Sounds like FUN!

KU
jotxnbr
jotxnbr
Valued Member
Valued Member (58 reputation)Valued Member (58 reputation)Valued Member (58 reputation)Valued Member (58 reputation)Valued Member (58 reputation)Valued Member (58 reputation)Valued Member (58 reputation)Valued Member (58 reputation)

Can our other half's that are not pass attendees get in if we pay the $30?
Steve Jones
Steve Jones
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (146K reputation)SSC Guru (146K reputation)SSC Guru (146K reputation)SSC Guru (146K reputation)SSC Guru (146K reputation)SSC Guru (146K reputation)SSC Guru (146K reputation)SSC Guru (146K reputation)

Anyone is welcome with a ticket. Spouses included. You can paypal $30 or pay at the door.

jotxnbr
jotxnbr
Valued Member
Valued Member (58 reputation)Valued Member (58 reputation)Valued Member (58 reputation)Valued Member (58 reputation)Valued Member (58 reputation)Valued Member (58 reputation)Valued Member (58 reputation)Valued Member (58 reputation)

Thank you, that is wonderful news. As far as I know there are no other parties or events that allow this.
LadyRuna
LadyRuna
Ten Centuries
Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)Ten Centuries (1.4K reputation)

Since there were so few ladies at the SSC party last year, maybe have a "ladies get in free" offer??? w00t
Ninja's_RGR'us
Ninja's_RGR'us
SSC Guru
SSC Guru (67K reputation)SSC Guru (67K reputation)SSC Guru (67K reputation)SSC Guru (67K reputation)SSC Guru (67K reputation)SSC Guru (67K reputation)SSC Guru (67K reputation)SSC Guru (67K reputation)

LadyRuna (10/12/2010)
Since there were so few ladies at the SSC party last year, maybe have a "ladies get in free" offer??? w00t

That won't get any more female DBAs in the workforce!
Steve Jones
Steve Jones
SSC Guru

LadyRuna (10/12/2010)

Nice idea, but I'm not sure it will drive more ladies to the event.

The $30 is there really to cover prize costs. We get more than that in a referral from PASS and it goes to cover the costs of the catering.

Roy Ernest
Roy Ernest
SSCrazy Eights
SSCrazy Eights (8.6K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.6K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.6K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.6K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.6K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.6K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.6K reputation)SSCrazy Eights (8.6K reputation)

From what I saw in Twitter, there were some ladies who were inquiring about this party. Maybe this year you will have more ladies. (Especially since they all know that I am coming...hahahaha)

-Roy
al.ko
al.ko
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)Forum Newbie (5 reputation)

One suggestion on the top prizes: you can give a raffle ticket per ### of chips (but give one raffle ticket to everyone who attends). Have a bowl for each of the three top prizes and allow people to put in raffle tickets into their choice of bowls.

This way the best gamblers (who seem to always do well) will have a better 'chance' to win, but not guaranteed.
Go

Permissions

You can't post new topics.
You can't post topic replies.
You can't post new polls.
You can't post replies to polls.
You can't edit your own topics.
You can't delete your own topics.
You can't edit other topics.
You can't delete other topics.
You can't edit your own posts.
You can't edit other posts.