The 2010 SQLServerCentral Opening Night Party

• Since there were so few ladies at the SSC party last year, maybe have a "ladies get in free" offer??? :w00t:

• LadyRuna (10/12/2010)

Since there were so few ladies at the SSC party last year, maybe have a "ladies get in free" offer??? :w00t:

That won't get any more female DBAs in the workforce!

• LadyRuna (10/12/2010)

Since there were so few ladies at the SSC party last year, maybe have a "ladies get in free" offer??? :w00t:

Nice idea, but I'm not sure it will drive more ladies to the event.

The $30 is there really to cover prize costs. We get more than that in a referral from PASS and it goes to cover the costs of the catering.

• From what I saw in Twitter, there were some ladies who were inquiring about this party. Maybe this year you will have more ladies. (Especially since they all know that I am coming...hahahaha)

-Roy

• One suggestion on the top prizes: you can give a raffle ticket per ### of chips (but give one raffle ticket to everyone who attends). Have a bowl for each of the three top prizes and allow people to put in raffle tickets into their choice of bowls.

This way the best gamblers (who seem to always do well) will have a better 'chance' to win, but not guaranteed.

• Did you notice they published a "who is coming' at SQLPASS ??

http://www.sqlpass.org/summit/na2010/Connect/WhosComing.aspx

and I'm on that list :w00t::cool::hehe::-D:smooooth:

Johan

Learn to play, play to learn !

Dont drive faster than your guardian angel can fly ...
    but keeping both feet on the ground wont get you anywhere :w00t:

- How to post Performance Problems
    - How to post data/code to get the best help[/url]

- How to prevent a sore throat after hours of presenting ppt

press F1 for solution, press shift+F1 for urgent solution 😀

Need a bit of Powershell? How about this

Who am I ? Sometimes this is me but most of the time this is me

• So much for early registration guess I'll be missing out on the fun. The code was not available when I registered.

PASS and use SSC2010 as the code.

Note that if you're already registered, we can't add the code for you. It's a referral code. However if you register now and forget, send me and PASS an email right away.

• David Stout (10/26/2010)

So much for early registration guess I'll be missing out on the fun. The code was not available when I registered.

Note that if you're already registered, we can't add the code for you. It's a referral code. However if you register now and forget, send me and PASS an email right away.

You can still pay $30 and get in the door.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• David Stout (10/26/2010)

So much for early registration guess I'll be missing out on the fun. The code was not available when I registered.

We get a referral fee from PASS to fund this, and there isn't a referral fee for the early registration before Feb. As Grant mentioned, you can still buy a ticket at the door.

• I will be spending $30 for sure. 🙂 It is worth all that money and more. I want to see all of you gurus in person and I also want to have that chance of getting that iPad. 🙂

-Roy

• I have a bunch of DVDs and ThinkGeek stuff so far. Based on registrations, it looks like an iPad is a real possibility now.

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (10/26/2010)

I have a bunch of DVDs and ThinkGeek stuff so far. Based on registrations, it looks like an iPad is a real possibility now.

That iPad is mine.... 😀

-Roy

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (10/26/2010)

I have a bunch of DVDs and ThinkGeek stuff so far. Based on registrations, it looks like an iPad is a real possibility now.

You can just leave that iPad with the guys working the door. I'm sure they'll take good care of it.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• I have a quick question. I used the mentioned referral code when I registered in February. I might be missing the obvious. Is my name on a list at the door or is there something I need to do to acquire my actual ticket?

Thanks,

Dan

• If I am not mistaken, you will get the ticket when at the welcome committee of sqlpass. But Steve or Grant can confirm for you

-Roy

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply